Post # 1
Hi Bees! We are getting married in a restored 1940’s movie theater and would like more ideas on ways to incorporate our vintage movie/1940’s theme if you have any. These are the ideas we already have planned – mostly projects we are doing ourselves:
1. Ticket-style invites
2. Custom movie posters with our picture as the “guest book” and hanging outside
3. Popcorn box flower girl basket with ticket stubs to throw
4. Framed vintage movie posters as table names
5. Admit One place cards
6. Ticket-style escort cards
7. Movie theater boxed candy as favors
8. Red carpet in front of theater
9. Programs with custom movie poster on front
10. Message on the theater marquee
11. Guests will throw ticket stubs for grand exit
Post # 3
What a great idea! I saw this company that takes a 7 second video of you doing whatever (they have dress up props) and they make a little flipbook of it – it is REALLY neat! I thought that might fit in with your theme and would be a nice take home favor. It wasn’t that expensive either – they had hourly rates.
Post # 4
Can you get an old style projector? Or a prop of one?
Your wedding sounds so fabulous!
Post # 5
Why not mini “Oscars” for favors? Do they make those? How about an enlarged “roll” of film for your dinner menu? As in a single frame shot lists the appetizer, the next frame lists the main entree choices, and the final frame shows the dessert? You could even use ribbon that looks like movie film around the border of your cake. Have fun!
Post # 6
We are also getting married in a restored theatre and we are playing on the silent film kind of thing. We are making signs for each dish at the buffet table that looks like an old film credit. Sort of like the picture except it will say the name of the dish.
Post # 7
one of those popcorn making machines and soda pop bottles for a snack bar!!
Post # 8
Tables named after Old Movies
have some paparazzi outside
Life sized character cutouts of yourselves