Post # 1
Hi Bees –
I love small little touches at weddings – but need some help deciding on what to do. Here is the list of things that are on my list . Can you add your “special touches” below? I can only look at pinterest so much! haha
- Custom Tissue packets at Church
- Basket of Flip Flops for ladies at receiption – dancing shoes
- Scented candles in bathroom
- Nicer soap in bathroom (my venue has non- pretty smelling soap in bathroom)
- Wine ice cream bar
- Drink menu at Bar
- Little snack to take home at end of night
What are you ladies doing? i need more ideas.
Post # 3
@MrsMRS: you are already doing way more than we are lol!
Post # 4
We are having somewhat of a “wedding weekend” as it is such a small wedding (less than 30 guests), and most people are traveling and staying at the venue from Friday through Sunday.
- For Saturday and Sunday mornings, we are having a “Starbucks Bar” with light and dark roasts, and various syprups, sprinkles, whipped cream and booze (amaretto, baileys, etc.) to spice up your coffee. We are major Starbucks junkies.
- On the wedding day (Saturday), in the morning after breakfast we are taking an easy mile-long hike up the mountain that our lodge is on, and guests are welcome to join us. We’ll also have various games set out for morning and early afternoon (outside: football, bocce ball, giant beer pong, and corn hole… inside: pool, apples to apples, taboo, etc.).
- The last part of the reception after the cake cutting, we are having a giant bon fire outside and a s’mores bar!!! I’m looking forward to this the most!
- For decoration, we’ll have lots of pictures strung up of us, friends and family.
- Napkins on the tables will be handkerchiefs, which is a nod to my dad.
- All drinks served in mason jars.
- Instead of printed wedding programs (which people just throw away!), we are having one big chalk board indicating the day’s schedule, etc.
- Definitely considering the basket o’ flip flops, but still on the fence.
- We’re also hosting dinner Friday night, breakfask lunch and dinner Saturday, and brunch on Sunday morning.
Post # 5
@MrsMRS: I’m not doing any of that, but looking at your list, what I’d like better then the soap in the bathroom, is some hand lotion.
Post # 6
Well, you’re already doing more than we are… But some of the things we’re doing are:
- “Late night” snack – Hot cider and FRESH donuts (made by the venue’s sweets shop)
- Masquerade masks (our theme is masquerade ball)
That’s about it and now I feel like a bad bride lol
Post # 7
We had people throw confetti as we walked back down the aisle so we filled lots of tiny heart shaped boxes with confetti and put them on the seats before the ceremony
Post # 8
@W292737: I have the standard bathroom baskets – to provide all of the essentials in case something goes awry during the night. Lotion will be included in that!
FutureMrsLAL – That sounds like so much fun! i want to be invited to your wedding.
Post # 9
We’re doing the
- tissue packets (DIY, they don’t say “tears of joy” though, I used a different quote)
- I’m baking our sweet n salty snack buffet items (in lieu of a candy buffet)
- I’m doing an original recipe of mine for our favors
- we’re doing a “local” dinner in the hotel the night before (NC bbq with hand crafted local beers)
- we’re hosting a thank you brunch
- custom Out of Town bags with snacks, emergency kit, map of the area and “quest log” itinerary
- custom framed bar menu
- games and surveys (rate my cake, wed libs, bride and groom trivia, etc)
We thought about doing a basket of flip flops, but since our guests are staying in the same hotel we’re having our ceremony and reception at, I didn’t see much of a point since they could just go upstairs and change shoes. Of course we’re doing the standard open bar, cocktail hour, dinner reception for our guests as well.
Post # 10
@housebee: what did you do n your tissue packs?
Post # 11
@MrsMRS: mine say “the soul would have no rainbow if the eyes had no tears”
I think it’s a native american saying, but I can’t remember which tribe.
Post # 12
The only other thing I can think of are bathroom baskets. Other than that, I think you’ve got everything pretty well covered!
Post # 13
Bride and groom themed coloring book/activity books for the kids.
Post # 14
@FutureMrsLAL: can I come?
That all sounds amazing your guests are going to be pleased:)
Post # 15
@housebee: That is a beautiful saying.
Post # 16
Just curious – what is a “wine ice cream bar”? Do you serve wine and ice cream together? They don’t seem like they would pair very well. The only dairy product I would want to eat if I’m having wine is cheese.