(Closed) Ideas on how to cover up arms in 100+ degree weather +SkinnyFat Rant/vent (Pics)

posted 6 years ago in Beauty
Post # 3
2863 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

Well first off you do NOT have fat arms. You are so pretty! I have no suggestions on covering arms, but I just had to get that in there ๐Ÿ™‚ 

Post # 4
5073 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: October 2012

you don’t have fat arms – but the sweater you’re wearing is hitting you in the biggest part (I have issues with this as well)

my suggestion is to go sleeveless or pick a lightweight item where the sleeve ends closer to your elbow.  

Post # 5
140 posts
Blushing bee

Uh, ya, you are being a crazy person ๐Ÿ™‚ Your 2nd photo is beautiful, and you look like 10 years younger than the 1st. That said, I totally understand not liking to show your arms, and I’m visiting my folks this week too for 100 degree weather and I haven’t really figured out what to do. I’m thinking lightweight tunic/blouse thing? I don’t know honestly. Good luck though! 

Post # 7
3367 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: March 2011

I think it’s just the style of sleeve you’re wearing in the first pic.  The ruching adds to the illusion that the area where the sleeve ends is bigger.  I have two shirts like that and I won’t wear them anymore! 

Target has a variety of light-weight bolero style sweaters.  Most are see-through, but they give me that little bit of coverage to take the edge off the concern.  Just pay attention to where the sleeve ends.  I wear them with everything.

If it helps at all, you really do look great in your pics~ I went through the pixie growing-out phases too and it will be over soon~ and I swear it’s the ruching making your shoulder look too small for your arm… not the other way around.

Post # 8
4464 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: February 2012

I just wanted to say that for religous reasons I always have to wear sleeves below my elbow and this includes in any type of weather always. And sometimes I do think I don’t want to look like a crazy person when everyone else is in tanks and shorts. It especially sucks for me because I live in Florida and everyone here wears shorts and tanks all year round – that’s why I love winter clothes and the ability to wear sweaters when it’s cold out.

What I would say is get some 3/4 sleeve or even long sleeve 100% cotton t-shirts (you can push the sleeves up if you get long sleeve and it’s very hot). It will cover your arms and the cotton is very breathable. When you sweat the cotton will actually absorb it and you’ll be much cooler. I also wear loose flowy shirts with those flowy sleeves that come to the elbow (I have to wear a spandex shirt underneath so as not to show any elbow or skin underneath the sheerness that most of these shirts have). I think that option is the best because the flutter sleeves will not be tight around your arms but it will still give you a sheer coverage.

I usually buy all these types of shirts at Forever 21. I got four cotton long sleeve shirts there for $3.00 a shirt on sale a few weeks ago. I shop online also because usually there are better deals and the stores are just too cluttered.

Post # 9
11233 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: August 2013

Yeah, it’s definitely where that sleeve is hitting you in the first picture. If it was pulled down an inch, it wouldn’t look like that. There’s a chart on how to cut/style your hair while you’re growing it out on Pinterest if you’re interested (I have no idea whose account that is). As for tops, wear sleeveless! You can always toss a pashmina around your arms, but in pictures, put one arm around/behind someone (if you can) and the other hand on your hip to keep it away from your body. 

Also, that second picture of you is HOT.

Post # 10
746 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

Dude, I’ve been there with the “growing-hair-out-why-does-my-face-look-so-fat” stage. It will pass soon! (I’m taking Biotin vitamins to try and grow my hair out faster.) But with that said, I don’t think your face looks fat in the first picture. 

For all these summer pictures, can you try wearing non-transition lens glasses? I always think I look weird in pictures when I wear my transitions as well.

I agree with the PPs about the ruching making your arms look bigger than they actually are. Sleeves that are not quite as tight and come to just above your elbow will be more flattering. Actually, what seems to be going on in that first picture is that your arm is flexed, and the muscle is bulging out. You should be proud of that! ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 11
831 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

ok, your arms look way worse to you than anyone else. You are very pretty (your cheekbones are amazine) and I don’t look at that picture and think omg her arms are huge.

One hint for pictures, when posing for a pic that shows a side view of your arms, make a conscious effort not to press your arm against your side (I realize that might be hard when you are holding a child though). Try to push your arm out just a bit so your upper arm isn’t pressed against your side. This is a trick that a photographer told me once and it really makes your arms look elongated and thinner in pictures.

Post # 12
354 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

I think your arms look fine, and certainly don’t need to be hidden away.  But, regardless of arm size and whether or not you wear sleeves, you can do a lot with arm positioning in pictures.  If possible, always hold your arm away from your body – hand on the hip, resting on a railing, holding something out, etc.  ESPECIALLY if your arm is angled toward the camera – anything closer to the lens is bound to look bigger.  Even the most toned arms look enormous when pressed against the body and in the foreground of the picture.  

Post # 13
354 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

@kimm99:  haha looks like we’re on the same page!

Post # 14
831 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

@babu22:  exactly you are totally right, no one’s arms look good when they are squished! No matter how toned.

Same concept applies to thighs ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 15
521 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2012 - Salvage One, Chicago

First of all, I don’t see the big arms you speak of ๐Ÿ™‚  but if you are interested in toning at all, I’d reccomend Jillian Michaels’ ‘No More Trouble Zones’…I did it for my wedding for a few weeks and saw great results.  I’ve been heavier, I’m 5’10” and have been 220 (highest in highschool) and now am about 165, so I know all about arm concerns! And I’ll second the sleeveless w/wrap idea, too.

Post # 16
306 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

Your arms don’t look big at all! And I think your hair looks so pretty long! I think you look younger with long hair. But I know when mine was growing out I thought it looked HORRIBLE. Lol

The topic ‘Ideas on how to cover up arms in 100+ degree weather +SkinnyFat Rant/vent (Pics)’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors