- 3 years ago
- Wedding: November 2018
Hi, bees, I need your wisdom once more!!!
My Boyfriend or Best Friend are on the verge of getting engaged (I know enough to know that it’ll be within the next few months, but not much more than that!), and though there’s nothing I have to do yet, I’ve been thinking about engagement photos (I figure it can’t hurt to be prepared) and want to get your thoughts!
I have a close friend who is an AMAZING photographer, and the first thing she said when I told her that the Boyfriend or Best Friend has a ring was that she HAS to do the photos! So that part of it is definitely taken care of, and we’re both excited. However, I really would love to incorporate some cars into the photos, and I’m not sure how to go about that… The Boyfriend or Best Friend and I both drive incredibly unimpressive vehicles (our cars are great and they do the job, but nobody wants a Honda Civic in an engagement photo lol), and we don’t really know anyone with the kinds of vehicles we’d be interested in using (no one really has a vehicle any more interesting than ours than one family friend with a Corvette C3, and that’s about the one halfway decent car the Boyfriend or Best Friend is adamantly uninterested in).
So I’m trying to figure out where we could potentially get a chance to use some interesting vehicles for our engagement photos! There are a few new vehicles that we both really like, but I think a slightly older vehicle would be more classic and less likely to just look dated in the photos after awhile. An old pickup could be cool, but we also love Jeeps, Ford Broncos, old luxury cars (he might faint over a Mercedes 300SL), old muscle or pony cars, etc. I feel like I’m not narrowing down much. XD My ideas so far (none of which I think would really work) are:
– Go to a local car show that we have about once every two or three months and either ask people with cars we like if they could help us out or even let us take pictures there (Downsides: I’d feel super creepy asking to meet them later, lots of the people are from out of town, and pictures there would just be super crowded and weird)
– Try to rent a vehicle (Downsides: Not sure how expensive this would be, it would have to be a relatively new vehicle, and not sure how specific I could be with this request)
– Go to a dealer and see if we could take a used car for a long test-drive (Just not likely at all).
– Craigslist ad? (I feel like that’s always a terrible idea)
– Last and probably most likely: There’s a Jeep Wrangler rental place near us that would allow us to have a good vehicle for a little while, and take some good pictures in the mountains as well. The big downsides to this are that there’s branding on the Jeep that might be annoying, and I don’t want to plan on doing this and then get there to find out that the Jeep is in really bad condition.
I know that the Boyfriend or Best Friend would love this idea, but I’m trying to figure out how best to do it. And I know that the Jeep place isn’t a bad plan, but I really want to explore what options I may have before I settle on that. So did any of you do photos like this? If you did and the vehicle wasn’t yours, where did you get to borrow it from?
Thanks, Bees! As always, I appreciate your help. 🙂