bakerella – First off, you’re getting married on my birthday and I love it! So here are my thoughts as someone who has dealt with having a special day on that day: I refuse to give up my birthday because I just think it’s losing one day every year to those who attacked the US therefor letting them have some super minor victory. I think it’s a perfect day to reflect, love, smile, and enjoy oneself because there are many who will never do it again, so I must do it for them. People check my ID and give me all kinds of awful comments, but I was born 22 years before and it will always be my birthday.
For the actual question:
1. “Why are you getting married there? You’re supposed to get married in the Bride’s hometown.” – McGroom picked it because it’s special to us. As for travel, his family has to come from NJ, FL, and Europe, so stop complaining about a 2.5 hour drive!
2. “Are you inviting this person?” – Listen, I know you hate ______, but I have nothing to do with that, so shut your mouth and if you punch anyone at our wedding, you’re out of my life forever.
3. “You’re not getting married in a church?” – No, we’re not. Big deal. We also had Moose out of wedlock, but you refuse to remember we ever had a baby because Moose is gone, so why don’t you just shut your mouth.
4. “Everything is so expensive.” – Well, married couple, you haven’t even RSVP’d (due on July 1st), so be quiet. We’ve set up cabins for our friends and we’re trying to make the OPTIONAl activities less expensive, so even though you go with this person for free normally, we’re trying to help everyone save money for everyone. We’re even paying, so RSVP and shut up!
5. “Yeah, we told you we’re staying in the cabins and we know it’s past the date you can change them, but we’re not staying there anymore.” – I knew getting cabins so our friends wouldn’t have to walk was too much to ask from you. P.S. If you come party at the cabins in the days leading to the wedding and crash there, you’re paying.
6. “Why aren’t you invinting your Uncle?” – First, he butted in and told my aunt and grandfather I was pregnant even though I had a cute way of telling them. Second, he never called me after Moose died. Third, his girlfriend is sending my friend emails telling him what a horrible person is and convincing my Grandmother I’m lying, so I don’t think he warrants an invite.