Post # 31
There are a few things I would do differently if could go back and change things.
1. I would have made sure I had lost weight for my wedding. I wanted to but after a while I just gave up and fooled myself into thinking the corset back would help a lot and I look so fat in all my pictures.
2. I. Wish I had done my own makeup or at least just gotten my makeup done somewhere else. The girl who did my make up didn’t do a bad job but I didn’t like how it photographed. She didn’t match my face to my neck so my face was pale but neck and arms were darker and she didn’t do any contour which would’ve been nice or at least some bronzer.
3. I would get married on the beach just the two of us like I wanted. We had a small intimate ceremony with just our immediate family but it just felt like they didnt even want to be there. I mean my dad even told me he was upset I chose to not have a big wedding with all his family as he walked me down the aisle!
4. I’d pick a different photographer. She wasn’t bad but I feel like she didn’t get the angles right and there were many missed opportunities. She only took like 10 pictures of my husband and I alone out of 400 pictures. She didn’t get any pictures of my mom helping me with my veil. It was just a lot of small things.
At the end of the day, I am glad I got to marry my hubby because we were so ready for it to happen but I don’t really love my wedding day. We’ve already talked about doing a vow renewal for our 5 year anniversary on a beatific beach just the two of us.
Post # 32
I wish I had remembered to bring all the things we needed. Because we forgot a major component, I had to go back home during most of the time we were setting up. As a result, I didn’t have a chance to put out the centerpieces that my mom made. That was the worst part :(.
Post # 33
These comments make me feel like I’m on the right track 🙂
Getting married in the fall with 60 of our nearest and dearest at an all-weather venue.
NO BRIDAL PARTY! Majority of the budget is on great food and drink.
Ceremony and reception are all in 1 place.
I spent a few hours in my entire get-up the other day and was super comfortable – yay!
I’m happy that I’m doing things my way – tastefully though and consulting others (who have luckily all been incredibly supportive which is a HUGE help).
Post # 34
starfish0116 : this is helpful. Thanks. Trying to remind myself what will be important years later
Post # 35
I would not invite certain people and not feel guilty or mean about it. And I would severely limit certain people’s involvement in the wedding and wedding planning. Other than that my wedding was great, my hubby thinks it was wonderful.
Post # 36
ok so my wedding hasnt happened yet but i am already regretting not doing the wedding the way i wanted it.
I regret quick decisions on deciding my bridal party without really thinking about it properly who i should have included. I was too focused on past relationships without realising who is there for me today. Trying to make everyone happy is hard when you are too much of a people pleaser. One part of you doesnt want to hurt others and just wants them to be happy, while the other part of you dies because you dont do what you truly wanted. I guess this is what i would change.
Post # 37
- Wedding: May 2017 - Ocean front
tillymac : i feel the same and like you am having an intimate wedding, all in one place (no gaps and only 330-9pm) located close to guests, with great food and drink, only Maid/Matron of Honor and best man then each of his two kids 16 yr old daughter and 21 yr old son will also stand up w us ♡♡ plus flower girl and ring bearer niece/nephew it will be very special….they are soooo excitrd and I can’t wait to do a family sand ceremony as its also right on the ocean which all of our guests love!! I didn’t go nuts w budget on tiny details such as flowers etc as I’d rather put those funds into open bar for guests! The venue provides beautiful beachy non floral centerpieces I am happy with. :+)
I’m going to try and not sweat the small stuff and enjoy all aspects of our big day as everyone says it goes by SOOO fast!!
Oh….I did end up stretching the budget a smidge to get a better photog as that will be what we have in memory of the entire day and all the time spent planning it….so it didn’t feel right skimping on that part!!!
Post # 38
- Wedding: May 2017 - Ocean front
Sunshine09 : wow…I hadn’t thought of this. I wonder if people have bridal parties stand in another position aside from sitting? I would hate to feel our backs are turned to the kids and our besties!? :+(
Post # 39
Rowanberry : Tell me about decisions when you are over stressed and so damn tired…
Post # 40
whitebridetobee : I know exactly what you mean. But you mentioned your wedding has not happened yet, so is there no chance you can still make things as you want them to be?
Post # 41
leonatigra : It’s not shallow that most of your “regrets” are about decor and such. But I’m pretty sure, 5 years from now, nobody would remember or care if your plates had gold finish or not if you know what I mean. They will propably remember you and your husband and your special day.
If it was in my hands, I would go just the opposite way. Cutting down everything. No fancy flowers, no expensive stuff, no extravaganza. Just me and the man I love, our closest relatives and friends and a big fiesta party afterwards where we’ll eat and drink and dance the night away…
Ahh.. I can only dream… 🙁
Post # 42
harleybeachbride6 : Sounds like a great plan to me, girl 🙂
Post # 43
Astra : I would have put a GPS on our house keys, since we kinda lost them, or actually my mom forgot to take them with her, so we find ourselves locked out of the house and I held the dinner party at my place.
We had to get a locksmith to open the place for us and of course since it was not a weekday he charged extra.
Most embarassing than that was we realized that while we were on our photoshooting and all our guests and friends – family were already back to our place. So I had to stop the shooting and spend 20 min on the phone talking to a number of people (my mom first of all who had a guilt attack and blamed herself, cousins who thought they could unlock the door themselves etc), and then our best man who finally took charge and found the locksmith and paid him too.
Post # 44
I would have not given in and eloped like I had always planned.
Post # 45
I have two real regrets, anything else that might’ve happened didn’t bother me.
- I would not have gone custom on my wedding dress as it didn’t turn out the way I wanted and since the seamstress had vacation up until a week before my wedding it caused me a lot of unneccesary stress.
- Ask for specific pictures from my photographer, I thought it wasn’t that important but now I realise I wanted more pictures of our guests. And I’d try not to hide from the camera myself. There’s like one or two pictures where I’m not looking away haha.