(Closed) Survey: If you had an extra $1000 for your wedding, how would you use it?

posted 8 years ago in Recaps
Post # 17
1505 posts
Bumble bee

a) Buy some personalized champagne flutes.

b) I would love to say videographer, but in my area, that wouldn’t even pay for half of one. In this case, it would go towards honeymoon.

c) Lose more weight before ordering a dress!

Post # 18
2889 posts
Sugar bee

@Season:  

a) Hmmm … I would buy new lingerie for my wedding night/good bottle of wine.

b) I would put it into catering which is the biggest of our expenses.

c) lolll I don’t need it my wedding will probably be postponed for another year anyway.

Post # 19
3336 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: April 2013 - Rhode Island

a) Wouldn’t change anything.

b) Add more flowers.

c) Get my dress re-fitted.  I lost a lot of weight unexpectedly about 4 days before the wedding.  My dress didn’t fit right anymore because of it.  I would have liked for it to be altered again.

Post # 20
411 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

a.) Bought more beer. I really underestimated how many people were beer-drinkers (my fault since I’m a wine drinker and I assumed more people would want it). We also had a case get lost under the buffet and it was never served. – Still, we ran out at the end and I wish we had had a little more.

b.) Bought those d*mn poms to hang from the ceiling instead of making them. And I would have done twice as many.

c.) Slept more. I had some really decent-looking dark circles the day of. 

Post # 21
9947 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: December 2012

Mr TTR & I Eloped to a Destination Wedding… and then had a Back Home Reception after the Honeymoon

So (c) having 6 extra weeks to plan / organize wouldn’t have made much of a difference

(a) With a $ 100 extra dollars, I would have purchased better Wedding Jewellery (Necklace & Earrings).  I kind of regret the ones I did have, as they were just a simple set (Costume Jewellery) from JC Penny.  They were ok for the “day of”, but not any sort of quality that I would keep / treasure.

(b) With a $ 1000 extra dollars, I would have upgraded my dress.  My Dress was a very simple “Destination Dress” perfect for a Beach Wedding… but if I had had the money (and I supose those 6 extra weeks in time you spoke of)… I would have / should have upgraded my dress to something a tad more elegant.

To be honest, I have NO REAL REGRETS, My Wedding was wonderful… I got to marry Mr TTR.  But I have to say because I was an Encore, I was pretty thrity when it came to details… upon reflection I’d say a bit more money would have made things all that more special this time round.

(Part of this is a natural process of comparing my two Weddings… it does seem when I chat with most Encores that this is a familiar refrain… they wish they had done more to make their 2nd Weddings more special… because in your head you cannot help but compare the two)

Post # 22
2392 posts
Buzzing bee

@Season:  

I am a reformed spendaholic turned cheapskate so while I’d be tempted to blow it on a few rounds of Veuve Cliquot champagne … I’d probably stick it in the bank instead. 

Post # 23
2116 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

a) bouts and corsages for family

b) more flowers, dessert bar, and chair and linen rentals

c) I didn’t need the time

Post # 24
4695 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

Not married yet.. but.. 

A.) This would make no difference, $100 would not go that far in terms of a wedding. Also, if I needed an extra $100 I’d just spend it.

B.) Truthfully.. I’d buy myself a YSL clutch. Its completely frivolous and I don’t need it but I’ve always wanted one and always end spending the $1000 they cost on another more practical bag.. so its been sitting on my imaginary wish list for years now.

C.) Don’t need the extra 6 weeks, I’ll have had over a year. HOWEVER, looking back a year from now, I would probably answer this with: more working out and more sleep. I know myself too well.

Post # 25
477 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: January 2015

a.) $100 is nothing in Boston, I wouldn’t even notice it here while planning

b.) Honestly $1000 also doesn’t go far in Boston, it’s not enough to make any kind of difference unfortunately 

c.)  I already have way too much time, if it were up to me Fiance and I would have eloped somewhere right after I graduated from college this past June about a month after we got engaged! 

Post # 26
95 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: January 2014

I’m not married yet

a) Wouldn’t make a difference

b) It would go towards the honeymoon but if it had to be for the wedding, maybe a fancier photographer

c) We’re having a short engagement (11 weeks) because we want it that way.  We don’t need the extra time.

The topic ‘Survey: If you had an extra $1000 for your wedding, how would you use it?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors