(Closed) If you only had 300.00 for your ring, what would you get?

posted 7 years ago in Rings
Post # 137
2305 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: April 2016

I’d get this ring I’ve had my eye on for over a year now. I’m hoping he get’s his butt into gear and just gets me the damn thing soon!

Post # 138
121 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

In retrospect, I really wish we would have spent less on my engagement ring.  I have a 1/2 carat round diamond in a floral carve setting that is GORGEOUS, but it is in no way pratical for my nursing job.  I invested in a $30.00 ebay CZ wedding set to wear for day to day and plan on getting a plain band to wear all the time for my wedding ring.

I would look at Aquamarine stones (BEAUTIFUL) or blue topaz as the others have said.  Gemstones are really unique, and I think diamonds are way overrated.  You get a lot more bang for your buck with a gemstone, too.

I think 300 is a good budget for a gemstone ring, and I still say there is nothing wrong with a good quality CZ ring!

Post # 139
1152 posts
Bumble bee

Something like this 

http://www.brilliantearth.com/Petite-Shared-Prong-Diamond-Ring-(1/4-ct.tw.)-Platinum-BE2PD25R25/

But cheaper. Brilliant Earth is pricey and I’m sure with stone substitutes/sales/whatever you could get something like this for $300.

I had a friend once who wore a ring just like this for her engagement ring. I was really disappointed when I found out it was just a stand-in! It was breathtaking.

Post # 140
862 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

Also, what about a nice birthstone ring?  Birthstone rings are beautiful and tend to be within your price range!  I also think it’s romantic for a man to give you a ring with your birthstone but maybe that’s just me. ๐Ÿ™‚ 

Post # 141
598 posts
Busy bee

It’s $322, but I’ve been watching this one for over 6 months… love it ๐Ÿ™‚ Morganite and rose gold from Zales.6.0mm Cushion-Cut Pink Morganite and Diamond Accent Ring in 10K Rose Gold - Zales

ETA: Here are some more I found on the Zales website!10K White Gold Emerald-Cut Lab-Created Sapphire Ring with Diamond Accents - Zales

$135

Oval Amethyst Split Shank Ring in 10K White Gold - Zales

$170 (again, comes in different colours)Cushion-Cut White Topaz Ring in 10K White Gold - Zales

$220

Post # 142
9 posts
Newbee

This is the ring I chose out from JCP’s Diamonart collection. It’s original price was 399.99 but got it over the Valentine’s day sale for a total of approximately $180 with lifetime warranty. 

Post # 143
186 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: February 2011

This is my RHR.. I bought it at Swarovski for 150 dollars.

Post # 144
1228 posts
Bumble bee

For some reason, I read this as “300,000.00” in my web browser. And I thought to myself “Hm, well I would buy a gaudy kim kardashian ring to sell for a new car and invest like crazy!”

Post # 145
594 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2009

I would go to pawn shops, or look into white sapphire. 

Post # 146
2587 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2014 - UK

@PixelMePretty:  Mine was under £300, and I love it so much! I don’t know the exact figure, because FH won’t tell me and I don’t want to pry, but it is perfect.

Post # 147
1998 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2015

I’d probably get this Etsy beauty (0.35ct, 4mm morganite, 220 euros) but I’d like mine in white gold

Or maybe this pretty (0.25 tcw, champagne and white diamonds, 299 euros – cheating a little since it’s more than $300 but not by THAT much)

Post # 148
370 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2017 - Rossino Castle

Preobably a colorless zircon.Here they are the to-go diamond substitute,so they are very easily accessible.I would be able to find plenty 18k gold rings with decent sized zircons in budget ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 149
26 posts
Newbee

morganite ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 150
3075 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: April 2013 - A court...

Probably a labradorite/ moonstone e ring. ๐Ÿ™‚ 

Post # 151
6370 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: November 2009 - New York, NY

I’d check gemstone rings at Overstock, Zales, Etsy.

The topic ‘If you only had 300.00 for your ring, what would you get?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors