Post # 1
And you won for a big number like 25 million or something crazy like that, would you still plan the wedding you are having or would you go all out and have a big expensive affair?
Me? I think I would spend a little more of the money, but still keep the small intimate feel and still do a lot of DIY stuff.
Post # 3
I would have the same wedding as after all the decisions I made were the ones important to me before I was RICH!
I would however give 1 million $ to each of my co-workers so we could all quit. It would be my wedding present to them.
Post # 4
I would not have changed a single detail…
Or maybe yeah – we would have paid for our family to come, and chosed a really cool destination! We chose our destination keeping in mind our guests budgets, but if we won the lottery, we would have paid for everyone!
And bought a really nice house. And the job quitting thing. Half to charity and family and half for us.
Post # 5
I would probably keep the wedding the same, but pay for it myself instead of having my parents pay dor it. The student loans would be paid off, Fiance would get a new car (his is old) and we would buy a house :). At most I would upgrade our centerpieces to have real flowers :).
Post # 6
I would keep the wedding the same EXCEPT that I would definitely pay to fly all the guests to Costa Rica and pay for their stay! Aside from that I’ve really tried to spoil my guests (daily cocktail hours, yoga lessons, group tours, champagne breakfast every morning, etc)so I think that would be the only change.
Post # 7
I would have a wedding similar to what I’m doing (using the same vendors) but here’s what I would change:
-I’d pay for everyone’s everything (flights, hotels, Bridesmaid or Best Man dresses and Groomsmen suits, etc).
-Get a really amazing expensive photographer.
-Have a fully open, top shelf bar.
-Increase the menu options.
-Increase the guest count.
-Hire a band for ceremony and band/ DJ for reception.
-Extend the reception by a couple of hours.
Post # 8
I’d have the same wedding. It’s only 5 weeks away, not giving me enough time to change the details I’d want to.
Post # 9
I’d keep the same wedding, but i’d splurge for all the things i wanted to do for it.
-Open bar all night (top shelf of course)
-Amsale tyler dress (swoon….)
-I’d pay for everything for our attendants
Oh how i wish we were rich!
Post # 10
I would move everything back to Hawaii, rent a house and charter my own plane for everyone that I wanted there and pay for all the excursions and the whole sha-bang.
Post # 11
I would still have exactly the same wedding.
I would use the money to
1. pay off loans for my fiance and me
2. pay off loans of my family (parents and sister)
3. move to Florida (to a modest house, nothing extravagant)
4. invest the rest
Post # 12
I’d probably have a few of the wedding things that aren’t in our budget: a candy/dessert bar, chair covers, photobooth, overlays for the tables, more appetizers, more flowers, better gifts for the men/maids/moms/dads, a longer honeymoon, and perhaps a more upscale venue. However, I’m fine with things being how they are, but we can all dream, right? 🙂
I’d much rather use the money to:
*pay off student loans
*go back to school
*buy a new car
*invest in a house for my future hubby and I
*help my Mom/Dad have a more comfortable retirement
*buy my brother a house
I’d probably have to give some money to charity too, but I’d have to research them to find out which one tugged at my heartstrings more.
Post # 13
I already had my wedding, but if I won before I would have had a larger affair for sure! I figure it would still leave me with enough to help out a few relatives, buy ourselves a new car, and I wouldn’t buy a new house, but I would add on to our current one.
Post # 14
I’d have the same wedding, but add even more stuff onto our photography/ cinematography package just because I could, I would have rented a vintage photobooth, I would have rented a Tiny Tom’s donut truck (amazing fresh mini donuts, I think it’s a Canadian thing), and we likely would have stayed away for a few more days on our honeymoon. Oh and I would have hired professional decorators/ event staff to set everything up and take it all down.
Darling Husband is baffled. He says we had everything, LOL!
Post # 15
I would definitely still keep the same venue since its been my dream venue since I was like 12 but I would add/upgrade the following:
- Upgrade the food and bar. We’re currently offering our guests either sirloin steak or chicken cordon bleu but we would upgrade to the surf and turf (filet mignon and lobster tail). YUMM!!!
- Upgrade the bar to top shelf open bar. We’re currently having a limited open bar with a signature drink.
- Add a second photographer.
- Letterpress invites! I really want letterpress but they’re too pricey for us right now.
- Add a string quartet to play during the ceremony
- Add a band on-top of the DJ we’re already having
- Cover all expenses for our Bridal Party
- Move our wedding to a Saturday. We have to have a Friday wedding so that we can actually afford the venue but I would prefer to have a Saturday.
- We would get our Bridal Party some serious gifts
- We would go on a ridiculous honeymoon!
Since others are listing what they would do with the money besides put it towards their wedding, I will too:
- We’re planning on moving out west after the wedding so we would buy a condo out there (either SF or Portland or hey, maybe both!).
- Buy a condo here for when we come home to visit.
- I would love to buy my parents an easier to access house (their house is on a really annoying hill thats a nightmare in the winter).
- Pay off all debt for ourselves, our parents, and FI’s brother and sister in law
- Set up a college fund for our friends children, our future children and future nieces/nephews.
- Invest a considerable amount into our software company.
- It has been my dream to open a no kill animal shelter. If I ever won a massive amount of money, I would do this in a heartbeat.
- Have both sets of our parents retire and allow them to live comfortably off of our winnings. They’ve done so much for us over the years, we would love to take care of them for a change.
I guess I need to start playing the lottery if I ever want to win!
ETA: Can you tell I’ve thought about this before? lol