- 6 years ago
- Wedding: October 2014 - Kukahiko Estate
Just wanted to give you all an update…last time I posted, I was thinking I would be engaged by early next year (Feb / March). This was because SO and I wanted to move in together in June, and also wanted to be engaged before living together.
Well, the apartment we have been eyeing for some time is already filling up (its brand new and in a nice area). The complex has a bunch of specials going on aimed at getting full occupancy before the end of the year. We were able to talk to the building manager and work out a deal that we could secure a unit now and wait to move in until the end of Feb at the latest.
Meanwhile, the company SO works for has been having a hard time recently and he has to take mandatory layoffs over the Christmas break. This, along with a few other expenses, are preventing him from having enough money to get the engagement ring. He was actually planning on placing the order for the ring last weekend because they were having a sale (he told me after he knew he couldnt afford it anymore).
All this has added up that we are going to be moving in together before we are engaged, but honestly, I think I am ok with it. It is the best plan for us financially, and I know he is planning on proposing to me when he is able. I don’t want him to put himself into a huge debt just to follow a “rule” I made about not living together before being engaged. I know he is very serious about our relationship and I don’t question his commitment at all.
No questions here, just an update from a fellow waiting bee!