(Closed) “I’m 88% sure he’s the one”

posted 11 years ago in 30 Something
  • poll: How sure are you he's the one?




  • Post # 3
    8351 posts
    Bumble Beekeeper
    • Wedding: March 2011

    I am 100% sure.

    Post # 4
    1102 posts
    Bumble bee

    I didn’t answer your poll because I don’t believe in The One ๐Ÿ™‚ I believe there are many Ones for all of us, and I am lucky to have met one of them! There might be someone else out there better, but he’s the only one I want. He feels the same about me. To other people it probably sounds like we are settling or whatever, but for us it feels realistic, romantic, and real.

    Post # 6
    1046 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: December 2010

    There are a lot of things I doubt in life, but whether my fiance is absolutely the person I should marry? Never doubted that at all.

    Post # 7
    690 posts
    Busy bee

    I also don’t really believe in “the one”.  Don’t get me wrong, I’m 100% sure that I love my Fiance and that I want to spend the rest of my life with him, but I don’t think that people are fated to end up with one person out there.  It does sound unromantic to say, and I don’t really mean it to.  I’m crazy about Fiance and can’t for one second picture myself with someone else. 

    Post # 8
    1129 posts
    Bumble bee

    I’m 88% sure about 25% of the time – the other 75% I’m all-in 100% hands down sure.  We have rough patches, we fight, but we are a real couple.  I also feel a little guilty about that – but when I saw Bethenny say that, in my head I thought “wow, that is exactly how I feel sometimes.”

    You’re not the only one.  Only time will tell I guess!

    Post # 9
    1032 posts
    Bumble bee

    I am 100% sure he is the one.

    Post # 10
    339 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: October 2011

    I agree with many pp. I don’t believe in the one, but I do know that we have great potential to live a wonderful life together and be happy with the choice we made. 

    Post # 11
    1826 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: July 2011

    I agree – the whole concept of there being ONE person for you, in a world of six billion people is a little ridiculous.  And yes, I think you could get caught up on the thought of ‘what if there is something better out there’, but really, it all comes down to the fact of are you happy?  Do you enjoy being with your FI?  When you look dow n the road, can you see yourself with him, going through the good times and the bad? 

    I wouldn’t get too caught up in analyzing your level of happiness and confidence in your decision – think of why you agreed to marry him in the first place and then think of your life if he was no longer a part of it.  I’m guessing the doubts will soon go away….   ๐Ÿ™‚


    Post # 12
    420 posts
    Helper bee

    Hahha.. on the days I love him– when he is not driving me crazy—I’m 100% sure.

    On the days he drives me mad… I’m not sure at all!

    Post # 13
    561 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: September 2012

    FHs are like wedding dresses. Many are beautiful, within our price range, and look good on us, but in the end, we can only have one.

    I agree with mountain.bride that there are many “ones” out there, but if you’re lucky enough to find one of them on a planet of 6 billion people, you’re doing well.

    Me? I’m 100% sure, but it took me 25 years to figure that out.

    Post # 14
    1080 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: March 2010

    View original reply
    @lisalew5472: ah but some of us are two dress brides ๐Ÿ˜‰ just a joke!

    I belive what many other posters on here think. Many ones out there and I found one of them. Do I love him 100% of the time, yes! But do I like him 100% of the time, no ๐Ÿ™‚

    Post # 15
    10844 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper
    • Wedding: September 2010

    View original reply
    @stlginkgo: I totally agree, I love Fiance 100% of the time, but I don’t like him 100% of the time! Thankfully I like him 98% of the time so it works out ๐Ÿ˜‰

    I’m with you ladies, I think there are lots of “right” people out there for each of us. If I had never met Fiance there would have been another “right” guy for me. I think there are different people for different times in your life, you just have to find one that you can grow together with over a long span of time. I love Fiance, I love our life together, I’m looking forward to wheelchair races in the old folks home together some day. We have a great future ahead of us. It’s a matter of long term compatibility for me (although clearly that’s not everything but if you boil it down that’s the big factor!).

    Post # 16
    1854 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: December 2009

    I also think that it could work with more than one person. I disagree that it’s unromantic though…. I CHOOSE to be with my husband until the end of our lives, now that’s romantic!!

    The topic ‘“I’m 88% sure he’s the one”’ is closed to new replies.

    Find Amazing Vendors