- 6 years ago
- Wedding: September 2012
Hi Bees 🙂
So the big day came and went! I’m officially Mrs. Tomaino. It was wonderful, things didn’t go to plan but I didn’t care! Beautiful, emotional, and spiratual. I learned so much being the bride and not the even planner on the other side of things.
A quick list of things I learned:
1. The day goes by so fast you miss the details you merticulously planned. (and you won’t care that you did)
2. The day really is about friends and family. You could be in a parking lot and it wouldn’t matter. My loved ones were all I cared about. Not the flowers, the food, the ambience…Again, I didn’t notice the other stuff. I did care about my DJ and Cake which I got a lot of time with.
3. I will never use Tuxedo Junction again if I can help it. Everything turned out alright in the end but the day before they gave one of my groomsmen a black tux and not a grey one like everyone else. There were no pocket squares. Everytime I talked to them before the wedding it seemed they were clueless and I had to go over every detail and explain why I wanted my fathers to be in black and different from the bridal party. More trouble then it was worth. I would consider Men’s Warehouse and recommend someone else.
4. Renting trees was the major let down for my evening. They were twigs. I could have gone and cut down full brances from trees the days before and put them on stands and would have a effect I wanted. The $700.00 extra in decor I spent on 7 tall centerpieces and 6 tree rentals was not what I had hoped for.
5. The DJ list! The “must plays” don’t usually happen. As long as everyone is dancing and you stick to maybe 6 songs on the lists all is good. Not worth the stress before the day.
6. The tunnel vision is true. I saw my husband at the altar and didn’t notice much else during the ceremony.
7. Roller coaster breathing technique works for nerves at weddings too. You hold your breath and then slowly let it out when you got the gut twist feeling because your nervous. I do this at the top of the hill on roller coasters and it stops me from feeling like my stomach is in my throat.
We did a road trip from Niagara Falls, NY to Salem, MA and upward stopping in York, ME and Old Orchard Beach, ME. Final destination was Bar Harbor, ME.
The stops on thruways sometimes have a coupon book for hotels that is free. Didn’t know that on the way there. That was annoying to know I overpaid for less quality.
Bar Harbor is gorgeous. Guess what? There is a cruise that stops there. Definately worth looking into for next time 🙂
Salem, MA is very gimmicky and we were lost most of it but its worth a stop not a whole day.
If anyone has any questions about any other part of the day I dont’ mind sharing PM me.