I'm engaged!!

posted 2 years ago in Beehive
  • poll:
  • Post # 2
    37 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: June 2018 - The Palms Hotel and spa

Congratulations!! I just got engaged month ago and planning June 2018 Florida beach wedding so you starting your search now is a good way to get your budget ideas in place. I have known people to book their venue 10-11 months prior. Taking your time and having the extra time will prob alleviate a lot of stress. Happy planning girl and enjoy— again congrats!

Post # 3
    Hostess
    8434 posts
    Bumble Beekeeper
    • Wedding: Dorset, UK

tiff0519 :  I don’t have any tips for you but I wanted to swing by and say congratulations on your engagement! Happy planning! 

Post # 4
    882 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: September 2018

tiff0519 :  Congrats!  I’m not from Cleveland, but Fiance is so we are getting married there.  I booked the Old Courthouse 2 years before our wedding date of 9/29/2018!  If you’ve seen pictures you can imagine why it books so far in advance (like 18 months minimum!).  It is so breathtaking and beautiful I can’t wait!  I found it’s actually costing us less than the all-inclusive venues because we were able to book cheaper catering (about $14 per plate) and can bring in our own alcohol.  It is of course more work though because you have to rent everything.  But I had plenty of time to do my research and have gotten some great deals on chairs, tables, linens, etc.  I don’t really have any venues in mind that aren’t over the top expensive, because most are lol.  Unfortunatly if you’re looking for a cheaper venue you will have to look outside of Cleveland.  But at least you have plenty of time to plan on search!

Post # 8
    477 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: August 2016

Congratulations! So I live near(ish) to you, and had a wedding that ended up being about 100 people. We invited 150 and ended up around 100. My parents gave us around $10,000 for the wedding, and then once we found our venue we decided to chip in the extra money to have the wedding we wanted. All in all, it ended up being about $20,000 (this includes everything minus the honeymoon). Without giving away too much info about me (hehe prefer to stay anon), we got married at Meadow Ridge and I can’t recommend them enough. The Maple pavilion is absolutely stunning. The whole property is beautiful and makes for amazing pictures too. It was also nice because we were able to do the ceremony and reception there and not have a large gap between the two. Our guests appreciated that. They have two venues on the property, but we were lucky enough that no one booked the other venue on our day (as renting the whole property costs more). They are very separate anyway, but it was  nice that we were the only ones. The staff was incredible. Overly accommodating, took care of all decorating, made sure everything went smoothly, and anticipated my needs before I even knew what they were. I can’t say enough about these folks. The food was amazing. I still have people talking about how good it was and how it wasn’t “traditional wedding food”. They make everything on-site that day, so it’s fresh and delicious. To us, it was a tad more than we had been looking to spend, but it was so worth it. I would do it all again!

Our photogrpaher was also amazing. Check out Mann & Wife Visual Storytellers. We paid about $3,800 (which around here seems to be middle of the road), which included an engagement shoot, 9 hours of coverage on the wedding day (given our timeline that worked out perfectly), two photographers, and we ended up with over 1,000 edited photos…and the photos are phenomenal. Kalyn and her husband fo amazing work. We randomly found them just through Googling photographers and I couldn’t have been happier. If I ever get pregnant or do any kind of family shoot, I’ll be using them again.

We also used Hi-Fi Entertainment for our DJ and were very pleased with them. We found out after meeting with them that they actually do several weddings at our venue, so it worked out really nicely that they knew the lay of the land. Tony was our DJ and was perfect. Not too over the top, but not too bland. Happy planning 🙂

Post # 10
    882 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: September 2018

tiff0519 :  It is very overwhelming at first!  I felt once I got the big stuff booked and out of the way I haven’t been too stressed about it.  And again, you have plenty of time so that is always a relief.  We are inviting between 200-250 guests and I think the total cost of everything will be around $28,000.

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors