- Solar 40
- 6 years ago
- Wedding: March 2013
Hello bees, I’m new to the site and excited to make my first board post. I’ve been eager to blog about our upcoming wedding since we got engaged but with all the planning thus far I just never made the time to do this. No wedding planning blues, just Wedding NEWS or so I thought!
So let me bring you up to speed on where we are since our engagement began on February 11, 2012 🙂
I attempted to plan this wedding myself and things were going well. We were able to do the following:
- Plan and have a beautiful engagement luncheon with our family
- Find our ceremony venue
- Book our wonderful decorators: South Carolina Wedding Co. Tammy & Glen can do anything!
- Booked our photographer, Dom, who is one of my great friends. Check out his wonderful blog
- Book our DJ
- Started the massive guest list task! Uggghh, Thought we could keep that under 200, yeah right…
- Decide on our wedding colors: Yay for black, ivory, and champagne! Love them:)
- Then things starting taking a different turn and I was starting to see STRESS in my future…
- Almost went crazy trying to find a caterer that wouldn’t BREAK THE BANK! Fail…
- Thanks to the expensive caterers we had to rule out the reception venue of our dreams…SADNESS
- But then we prayed and prayed, and God allowed Tammy to introduce us to an amazing PLANNER- Woohoo, don’t know what we’d do without Keshia at Planned Occasion!
- NOTE to self: Pray first before doing anything and thinking you are in control.
And that’s where we are with some things in the works
- Food tasting in a few days
- Planned out of town dress shopping trip for me with the moms in July: EXCITED
- Invitation selection in July
- Cake tasting in July
- STILL working on the guest list, which is currently at like 310 I think. I’m praying that’ll decrease lol
- NOTE: Praying hard on this one:) I know it will work out!
- If anyone has any suggestions on how to cut the guest list down, please let me know.
DAYS UNTIL THE WEDDING 😉