Post # 1
I thought it would be a good idea to start a post where we could share some of the good things that are going on in our lives right now. With the holidays coming up, it’s nice to remember how much we all have to be thankful for.
I’ll start. I’m happy today because…
-My husband’s grandmother’s open heart surgery went very well yesterday, and we are hopeful that she will be okay
-I recently completed my PhD in Human Genetics after 5.5 years of working non-stop towards this degree
-My PhD advisor will be able to hire me as a postdoctoral research fellow for the 7 months between now and when I start law school in the fall (and my salary will be doubled with benefits!!)
-I finally got my mom a Christmas gift that I think she will love AND that will completely surprise her
-Next week is my last week of work for the year, and then I’ll have 2.5 glorious weeks off until I start my new appointment
So Bees, what are you happy about today??
Post # 2
- Wedding: September 2018 - City, State
I’m happy because
– this will be the first year that my kids don’t believe in Santa (so less stressful)
– my new husband and I have figured out our groove of living together- after living alone 10+ yrs each, it takes some time.
– it’s a low workload time of year so I feel less work stress
– I became an aunt again this week, and have to say my new nephew is so wonderful and completely loved
– my family is happy and healthy and there’s nothing more I could ask for!
Post # 3
- Wedding: November 2019 - City, State
Love this! I always get excited to see positivity posts on here. Today I’m happy because:
-The holidays are here! It’s finally starting to feel like Christmas and I love it.
-We found a fantastic photographer that’s under budget, so that’s awesome.
-FH told me that he set up a fun date day in the city to go to the Christmas market and see the big tree, which was very sweet of him.
-After a weird month of unexpected depression/anxiety (wtf hormones) I’m finally starting to come out of the woods and am feeling a lot better. Not 100%, but I at least feel much more normal.
-My niece is coming to have a sleepover this weekend and we’re going to decorate gingerbread houses. I love spending time with her and getting to show her a fun time.
-I finally have time to clean my house today and tomorrow, and that makes me irrationally happy, lol.
Post # 4
I feel like there’s so much negativity on this site, so it’s nice to hear about people having a good day. Today I’m happy because
– It’s raining like crazy which if you live in California you know it’s completely welcomed(and I just enjoy hearing rain outside my window).
– My lesson plans are all set from now until the end of the semester so I can glide through to winter break.
– My students are angels (despite being teenagers)
– I will be moving into a new apartment in a little over a week!
Post # 5
kawood0618 : I’m happy today because:
-I’m about to be greeted by a job that I enjoy
-I’m awake, energized, and ready to start my day
-I continue to have a positive, optimistic outlook on life
This is such a great thread, bee! 🙂
Post # 6
Thank you all for sharing! Yes, the boards needed a little positivity I think.
cyclonegal : The kids not believing in Santa will definitely make your life easier!
hickoryhills : I totally understand being happy about cleaning your house. I’ll spend a couple of days deep cleaning and organizing my house while I’m off as well, and I am ridiculously excited.
kittykax : So happy California is getting rain!
Post # 7
happiekrappie : Thanks! Love your last bullet.
Post # 8
kawood0618 : I’m liking this post 🙂
Darling Husband and I have had a tough time this year dealing with immigration difficulties (still going through challenges with no light in sight), but there’s still so much to be thankful for even though we have no idea when we will be able to live in the same country and finally build a life together.
– I’m thankful for my health! I’ve had a few health problems this year which were very scary for me. Going through these health woes really puts things in perspective and I don’t want to take my health for granted again. Having a healthy body is such a blessing.
– I’m SO thankful that my mom is recovering well from a recent heart attack. Her heart is almost completely healed and she is starting to resume her normal activities again. I cannot express how thankful I am for this.
– I’m thankful I got to marry the most wonderful man I have ever met.
– I’m thankful that for the first time in over 7 years, I can start a new year without debts hanging over my head. It’s the biggest breath of fresh air.
– I’m thankful that my sister remains in remission after kicking cancer’s butt 8 years ago.
– I’m thankful that I’ve started doing things for me again such as reading, writing, focusing on my mental health, not drinking as much and making better choices for myself in general. Something I’d like to continue improving on.
Thank you God for all these blessings!
Post # 9
kawood0618 : Great idea!! 🙂
I’m happy today becase…
– We had a really good meeting the other day with our Destination Wedding specialist and she even said she would have some ideas for us before the holidays for our Jan 2021 wedding!
– I’m one week away from being completely DONE the certificate program I’ve been chipping away at for the last couple years.
– I ended up getting a psychiatric appointment scheduled after all the stress and confusion around my referral. It’s over a month away, but at least I’m on track to getting my mental health in order.
– The health issues my Future Mother-In-Law was having seem to be in remission.
Post # 10
– I got my ring back re-sized and cleaned yesterday! (although now I worry a little its too small…)
– Me and Fiance are off to NYC for a 5 day break in one week today! 🙂
– I get to catch up with an old dear friend from Canada when we are in NYC
– We are going to decorate our Christmas tree tonight
– My sister who has beeen having really anxiety at work seems to be in a better (slightly medicated) place..
– I am finally getting back to yoga this evening after a loooooooooooooong time away!
Post # 11
kawood0618 : Yay! I love a positivity thread! Also, congrats on the PhD; what an amazing accomplishment! I was a bio-chem major in college with plans to go into genetics research. So much amazing stuff there!
I’m happy today because I have yoga class tonight with a really lovely instructor.
Also, it’s my big sister’s birthday today so we’re chatting and reminiscing together via text.
Post # 12
I’m happy because
– In the last 3 months I’ve lost 24 lbs and I’ve lost 38 lbs total since my highest weight. I am no longer classified as obese and I’m more than half way to my goal weight!
– I’ve worked hard and gone from not even being able to run 1 mile in September to being able to run 4!
– The semester ended yesterday. This was a rough one for some reason and I just felt stressed and anxious all semester. I’m glad to be done with it (except for some final grading) and start working on next semester.
– I get to teach online next semester, which means getting to work from home! My commute sucks so I’m excited to not have to make that drive for a few months. It also means it’s a great time for us to look into getting a second dog.
Post # 13
I just ordered myself a new iPhone for a great price and will be going to pick it up at the mall this weekend after I take a 4 hour exam that counts towards my professional certification/designation. Also going to Bonefish after my exam to celebrate our 3rd year wedding anniversary that we didn’t have time to celebrate since I’ve been studying non-stop everyday when I get home from work. 🙂
Post # 14
- Wedding: October 2020 - City, State
I’m happy and thankful because I have an amazing partner who understands and loves me.
Post # 15
kawood0618 : I actually had a pretty rotten morning. The reason I’m happy anyway is because there is a nutty guy in a town I drive through who just walks around waves and peace signs at cars. Around this time of year he sometimes dresses as Santa. I hadn’t seen him in a long while but he was out today to perk up my morning (Santa hat only though he has the beard always). I will always wave back at a guy like that.