- 9 years ago
- Wedding: September 2010
Ok so first off sorry for the lateness of this post – I’ve had stuff going on and have only just had a moment to myself!!
Secondly thank you to all of you who have helped me through my planning and all my scary doubts!!
I’ll only do a brief thing – at the moment I can’t get the photo’s up because my computer is being annoying (and old)! so sorry about that 🙁
I spent the night with my sister round my Mum’s and then after a (impossibly) restless night that made me wish I was smoking again just so I could have some way of whiling away the hours, my best friend’s came round to get all dressed up with the three of us.
We had 1 gorgeous 1930’s wedding car booked which arrived and everyone who lives down my mum’s street came to watch and wave us off – which was wicked!
I arrived at the office and got a bit panicky but I was soon walking down the isle and happy – soooooo very happy!
after the service we took our big red bus to the dance hall and did the photo’s – clearly the god’s were smiling on us – the first day all week it didn’t rain!
We had an amaising party and a lovely chocolatey wedding cake!
Had a lush first dance that gives me butterflies just thinking about it (although that might just be the baby!)
and then we drove off the next morning for 2 nights and 3 days on a lovely Cornish island!
and that – in very very very brief, is out amazing day!
I have a little bit of advice for bees’ who are still planning their big days!
1. Really don’t worry about ANYTHING! – the little things don’t matter – nothing at my wedding was stylish – or matching or anything – I’m sorry to say girls – it was all you lovely bee’s who made me start to worry about nothing matching – really no one cares and when it gets down to the big day – you’ll have bigger things on your mind!
2. If there’s one thing that you should always have a little more of is alcohol – or at least at my wedding anyway 😛 – especially towards the end of the night with just 10 or so drunk guests left still trying to dance if you can crack open something – it winds down the night perfectly!
3. Make sure your dress is the one – due to my baby bump (abit a tiny one) and growing bust measurements ;D my dress had to be let out a tiny little bit (less than 1/2 an inch) I didn’t think it was worth it but let me tell your now – after 13 hours in that dress – it made all the difference!!
4. Favors – we didn’t have them – I’m not saying don’t – but seriously – unless it’s edible it’ll be forgotten about! we had our wedding for £3500 and I think that’s just because stuff like favors didn’t even register on our radar!
5. Don’t panic!! Once your down the isle and with the man you love (or woman – lets not discriminate) then nothing else matters – our wedding had loads of people but was quite a small affair – and tbh all that mattered was me and Simon arranging to spend the rest of lives togther!!
hope you’ll all have as much fun as I did!!