- 10 years ago
- Wedding: February 2011
I got married yesterday, and it was AWESOME. I’ll do a full/better recap when I have in pro pics, but I wanted to come back with a highlights reel for everyone 🙂
Everything really went amazingly well I felt like. There were a few little things that went wrong that annoyed me, but I think that just happens always and I don’t think there is anything I could do about it! The only thing that really bothered me was that our friendor mc “improvised” our announcement and thought it would be funny to introduce us as mr. and mrs. mylastname vs. mr. and mrs. hislastname. Not only did people not get it, but I was really looking forward to the announcement! But, I didn’t let it bother me— in the end not a big thing.
The few other little things were:
1) Our posed family pictures took way longer than they should’ve. We planned 20 minutes, they took 45 (and only ended then because I nixed them). It took longer than we thought because first, people weren’t filing out of the ceremony room as fast as we’d hoped. And second (even though I’d gotten my list of family photos approved by my mom) in the moment, she decided she wanted a bunch of extra ones that we weren’t even in. Like my dad with his siblings and then her with her siblings and then all the siblings together, etc. I understood because they’re not all together very often but it really put us behind schedule and pushed our cocktail hour 20 min longer. We should’ve communicated a little more clearly beforehand to make sure that wouldn’t happen.
2) Our cake topper fell off the cake and shattered on the floor. No idea how it happened. This made our cocktail hour ANOTHER 15 min behind because it happened right before we were supposed to go up for dinner and they were trying to fix it (after 10 min I told them f it— just smooth the top of the cake and lets get to dinner!)
3) The venue people forgot(?) that we had 2 flavors of cake so they only brought one flavor out and told people that was all there was, then ran out of that and only had the other flavor. So people didn’t really get what they wanted as much… which sucked because they were both so good!
But! All things considered? Those things are sooooo very minor. So now onto the good stuff, the highlights of the day:
1) Ceremony. It was awesome. Our dog was there and he was awesome (if a little louder than we hoped). Everyone complimented how personal it was— which was just what we wanted.
2) First look– SO glad that we did this. It *did* take a little something away from the ceremony I guess because I’d just seen him 10 min earlier, but I felt so much calmer and less nervous so it made it totally worth it to me. And he still teared up when I came down the aisle.
3) my HUSBAND(!)’s toast– he thanked everyone for coming then thanked me for all the work I did– seriously a perfect moment.
4) the food– everyone LOVED our mexican and asian buffets. The food was awesome and plentiful, and we got so many comments on how awesome it was
5) the music–I am so glad we did an ipod reception! DH’s playlist was amazing and the dance floor was packed all night. It is the first wedding I’ve ever been to where almost no one left before the end and when the last song played everyone was still standing around ready to party!
6) faux-to-booth… wow what a hit! Even my grandma got in on the action!
7) hot chocolate bar was a hit
Everything really was just great. The decorations looked great, the food and beverage was great, everyone had a great time, and we even had pretty good weather (for feb!).
So….. that’s it! I’m married! 🙂 We leave for our honeymoon in a week… can’t wait!!!