- 5 years ago
- Wedding: March 2014
He’s been so sweet lately and I know the ring is being made and should be done in the next couple weeks…
Pretty sure that’s the day. I think he was planning to propose while we were in Vegas that weekend, but we had to cancel our plans because his Uncle passed away and they are doing the memorial May 18th. So instead we are flying up to Seattle that weekend.
Here’s why I’m pretty sure:
1. He said he would propose before June.
2. His mom was originally not going to come for the memorial and just his Dad booked a ticket. Then all of a sudden she changed her mind and bought a plane ticket.
3. SO is overly pushing to get my parents to drive over to Seattle on the 19th and get together with us and his parents. This is by the way happening – I talked to my mom. Originally he was also trying to get his parents to drive over to my parents house (it’s about 3 hours from Seattle).
4. He said something to his mom that I overheard like “don’t you want to be there when your favorite son gets engaged!”
The timing just seems right and it’s the perfect storm. Neither of us get to see our parents often, so we will probably not get everyone together again until our wedding. It’s all just coincidentally working out.
Since I know it’s before June, the other option is that he will propose before and we will celebrate with the families that day. I can’t imagine that he would propose after and pass up the opportunity to celebrate with both of our families. Plus there’s only like 2 weeks after before June.
I mentioned it in another post, but here’s how sweet he was to me last weekend:
1. Bought me flowers for no reason.
2. Made me an amazing dinner he knew I would love (Bacon wrapped cajun scallops over spinach and rice – yum!)
3. Washed my car for me. Didn’t even mention it, just saw him outside washing it.
4. Took care of our dog all night while she was sick and let me sleep.
5. Let me pick the movie without complaining that it was a chick flick.
I’m so happy bees! I’m actually now very calm and content and not at all anxious. I have been extra cuddly with SO and just loving every moment we have together. I should have just trusted that everything would work out perfectly all along. As much as I’ve wanted him to propose for the last year, it feels like it’s coming all together now and I shouldn’t have been so freaked out all the time over it.