Post # 1
San Francisco USPS!!!! AND FED EX GROUND!!!!
My envelopes from the caligrapher were suppose to arrive today —- they did but of course the Postal guy decided to cut corners and just leave a note in the box instead of actually ring the bell therefore delaying the invites so that I can’t pick them up till tomorrow. These puppies are late — my wedding is in 3 weeks — we overnited them so that they could be stuffed and mailed by end of day. THANKS USPS!!!! I HATE YOU!!!
Now for the scary one…fed ex ground has delivered a shrug that I had custom made with my great grandmothers lace to THE WRONG ADDRESS. Our address info is correct, but it says that it was signed by someone that does not exist here and we never signed for anything — we’ve only been waiting for the shipment.
2 f-ups in 1 day. Oh joy!
Anyone else having delivery issues like this?
Post # 3
Oh no!! This is why I’m getting in my car on Friday and driving my envelopes to my Future Sister-In-Law for addressing. A couple of people suggested using the mail, or FedEx and this is *exactly* what I was afraid of… Actual mail missing, mishandled or misdelivered is a small percentage, but when it means so much…
I’m so, so sorry to hear that the shrug was misdelivered… have you been able to get any help from FedEx? Hopefully, it turns up soon!
Post # 4
Also, watch out for UPS. Not sure if it is just our delivery person, but he refuses to ring the bell. Even when we’ve been in all morning, notices mysteriously appear on our doorstep. It’s such a pain, I’ve had to have things delivered at work, otherwise we’re playing package tag. grrr!
Post # 5
Here’s my update from THAT DAY…no joke:
i can’t even begin to explain the ridiculousness of what has happened today.
– i chased mail trucks with my car in the neighborhood asking if they had my package only to be told "no".
– i licked 40 envelopes until almost vomiting (FI licked the rest and now wants to vomit)
– i wrestled with the door woman at my post office because she shut the door at 4:59
– Fiance comes to help me get through the remaining 65
– Fiance points out that the reply card has a typo…. oh joy!
– meanwhile i had the girl at the cafe across the street show up at 6pm saying ‘i have a fed ex that was delivered to us for some reason’ (yeah…. that ground shipping guys ass is getting a write up from me)
– we drive to the 8pm dropoff with envelopes in hand and this braniac girl who is a ‘financial analyst’ (and clearly single) says "Are those wedding invites?"… ‘yes’ "Wow, they look great! How much did they cost? I think weddings are so over-rated (as she is STROKING MY INVITES) you know that you put all this effort into getting this nice green and matching the stamp and NOBODY IS GOING TO NOTICE?"
– The FIRE ALARM at the post office goes off and we all have to evacuate
– Idiot Girl continues her conversation telling us how ridiculous it is for people to spend so much effort and stress on a wedding (i was pretty much silent with her the whole time, blown away by her ignorance and lack of tact.)
– 30min later we are just about to get to the counter when Idiot girl starts a fight with the lovely postal woman stamping everyones envelopes and says "You are a representative of the United States Postal Service" and I see the Postal Woman hold up her hand like a sock puppet and said "Zip it!" (the whole exchange was brilliant, total karma payback to idiot girl)
– 8pm…. envelopes are sent out — every damn one of them.
Post # 6
Wow. Sorry to hear all of that..What a nightmare! What a great finish to have another person put her in her place.
By the way, do you watch Seinfeld? Every watch the episode of George and his fiancee preparing to marry and how she licks their wedding invitations? LOL. That’s what it reminded me of. It was airing while I was doing my envelopes.
We sealed our envelopes using a damp cut up sponge.