Post # 1
Lots of exciting things have been happening lately :]
1. Got accepted to a grad program and went to my first class this week! also got my financial aid package so i can pay for the 9 credits i’m taking this semester!
2. Boss wrote me a thank you note saying what a good job i did speaking at a conference the other day and how well i’m doing with engaging my students in class.
3. snow day today!
4. 2 year anniversary is coming up this month :]
5. bf said he bought me an anniversary present
6. bf came home from work with a mysterious package…wouldn’t let me hug him or go near him while he was holding the package. scribbled all over the label with a sharpie so i can’t see where its from. hid the package and told me its not for me and don’t look at it. whatever it is…it must be something good (even if it’s not something shiny) !
7. i’m going home to visit my parents and little sister in a week! :] can’t wait to see them!
Post # 3
@MissAmethyst: Sounds like a great week!! Congratulations on grad school. That is so exciting!! Can’t wait to hear what your Boyfriend or Best Friend got you!
Post # 4
@MissAmethyst: ounds like a great week haha congrats on grad school I’m hoping for news myself… I wonder what’s in that packages!!!
Post # 5
Looks like you have a fun few weeks ahead of you 🙂 congrats on grad school!
Post # 6
@MissAmethyst: All sounds exciting! Enjoy!
Post # 7
thanks everyone! i’m really excited about grad school (but not about having to complete my first hw assignment this weekend! haha).
and wondering what is in that package is driving me INSANE. (he was smart to scribble out the package label because I totally would have tried to figure it out from that if I found it). Literally don’t think i slept last night.
Our anniversary isn’t until the end of the month. RAR!
And I just realized I’m a terrible girlfriend because I didn’t realize we were doing gifts for our anniversary (we didn’t last year) and I don’t know what to get him :[
I’d be happy with a nice date and a card…but that’s not the plan for this year I guess. Haha.
Any suggestions? I’m kind of broke at the moment and I know he’s not a fan of mushy scrapbooky things.
Post # 8
@MissAmethyst: Congrads on everything! As for presents, I know my SO really likes personal gifts. Like, he’d rather I give him a book he already read than something practical, because it shows thoughtfulness. Try to remember something he said he wanted. I’m really excited to give my SO his birthday present, because it’s a book he mentioned months ago he really wanted to read.
My friend gave her Fiance a donation gift thing from WWF to protect the some animal (don’t exactly remember) that her Fiance had expressed sadness over due to having witnessed the animal become extirpated from the area where he grew up. I thought that was adorable and he loved it!
Just try to see what he likes. Also remember that most men don’t get subtlety as well as we do, so you can find some sneaky way of asking what he wants!