(Closed) I’m so mad, my dr has the H1N1 flu & they cancelled my surgery LAST MIN

posted 9 years ago in Wellness
Post # 3
3226 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

That seriously sucks.

Its not your doctor’s fault that he/she’s sick…but you’re right…they should have called earlier!

Post # 4
3098 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: November 2009

OMG!!! Is there an after hours number or a doc that the office’s answering service can page for you? That’s ridiculous!

Post # 5
84 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: December 2009

Im so sorry that really sucks and you have every right to be pissed, but you also dont want a sick surgeon operating on you. unfortunately many surgeons think they are god (or better) and dont like to cancel surgery unless they are Dying, your doc prob held out till last min hoping he/she would be able to pull through. Hope you get an answers soon so you can eat!

Post # 6
1892 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

Seriously? Wow!

Your right…it would have been nice to talk to someone and not just get a message, but I would try to look at the bright side and at least your didn’t show up there all prepared for surgery and a complete stanger of a Dr. comes to see you in pre-op! I would freak at that point.

Hope you get some answers

Post # 7
84 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: December 2009

also I dont know if anyone on here has had H1N1 but I know a few ER docs who had it and really thought they were dying, it is pretty miserable. These docs actually went into the ER, and it takes a lot to get an ER doc to go to the ER for anything!

Post # 9
3098 posts
Sugar bee

@msDecember – I have it right now! I don’t feel like I’m dying -but I sure felt that way yesterday. I just feel pretty awful today.

Post # 10
1220 posts
Bumble bee

Common ettiquite would lead me to believe that they should have called you prior to the end of day.  That sucks.  I’d be all over the phone trying to get someone.

Post # 11
793 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

Awe! that sucks! and yes you can cry, I probably would. I hope everything gets sorted out!

Post # 12
2767 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2009

well you really don’t want a doc with H1N1 operating on you!  So be glad that they actually cancelled!  I know many people around here at the institution I’m working at that have come to work with H1N1.  Doctors are very hardworking people so I’d be happy if I were you that he used proper judgement and cancelled his workday.

And see if you can call the hospital still and ask what will happen next.

Post # 13
3709 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

Awwww man…that sucks. Look on the bright side though…you get to eat!! It takes about a week to get over the flu so can your mom go home and you can make arrangements for her to come back when surgery is rescheduled??

Post # 15
3098 posts
Sugar bee

I’m so sorry. 🙁 That has to be so frustrating. I’m frustrated for you.

Post # 16
3709 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

Man that double sucks =( If you are comfortable having another Dr. do the surgery maybe you can have it done soon. I hope it works out.

The topic ‘I’m so mad, my dr has the H1N1 flu & they cancelled my surgery LAST MIN’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors