- 8 years ago
SO and I were talking tonight. I asked if we could just start planning now and he could show up with the ring when he get around to it. He said sure but made me make him a bowl of soup before he would talk about it. Scoundrel!
We start discussing the wheres, whens, who’s and hows. I asked him what his top 5 priorities were and he said Food, Booze, Venue, Entertainment and DJ. As were discussing I become slightly concerned that we may end up with a Circus for a wedding.
SO’s Top Ideas for our wedding:
1. Have a batting cage or a pitching area. You can be clocked at how fast you can pitch a ball and then you get to sign your name on the ball with the MPH of your pitch. Then the balls would go on display.
2. SO is a wrestler and a wrestling coach. He wants to have a take down station where his high school coach and his head wrestling coach would demonstrate how to do a take down. Good our guests will be wrestling around in their fancy clothes. I can only imagine.
3. He wants a marching band. They would only come in and then walk around the room once. He kept saying with a huge smile on his face “All of our guests will be like What the F was that!” Oh the excitement. Mind you neither one of us was in the marching band or plays a musical instrument.
4. I said I wanted a seating chart but that would be unnecessary because if guest got seated with random strangers they would be too busy talking about the marching band and that would break the ice.
5. Have a friend of his play the electric guitar at our wedding. He even made up a death metal song and sang it to me.
6. There is a patio where we are thinking of having our reception. I suggested we have custom bean bag boards made and guests can play that. He said sure but he wants his face painted on the boards and he also wants his face and my face on the bean bags. So people can be on SO’s team or my team.
7. The only kind of desert he wants is a Dairy Queen ice cream cake.
8. He wants our wedding colors to be Blue and White to represent our high school team.
9. He wants to show up to our wedding by tractor or Harley. SO said he would never ever own anything or ride anything on two wheels.
10. SO wants to wear a green suit.
11. I suggested we get a bird cage to have for our card box and he said that he wanted to use he softball glove as the card holder. I suggested that someone may steal a card if we just leave it out like that so….
12. We should hire a friend to be a bodyguard and give the friend a bodyguard t-shirt. Necessary definitely.
Mind you 80% of these ideas he is being completely sarcastic about because he loves to get a rise out of me.
But my idea of a smores bar is too far fetched. There is a VERY long road ahead of me… Has your SO suggested anything slightly far fetched for your wedding?