Post # 1
Here’s my dress (ivory lace over light gold satin. belt is lopsided here, I know) and here’s the style of veil I ordered (two-tier, ivory fingertip with satin cord).
Wanna play stylist? Style ME! :o)
1 – Veil. Is the veil I got okay? I started looking at ones that had some jeweled trim, but then I thought matching it with jewelery and/or a headpiece might be annoying, so I bagged that idea. Mistake?
2- Headpiece? Any thoughts? Put something in at the reception after I take the veil out or is there something I can wear with the veil?
3 – Jewelery. Go nuts if you want. I love big earrings and bracelets.
4- Hair. Go for it! Suggest a style. Up, down, whatever. I’m leaning towards an up-do so that I don’t have to deal with hair in my face, but I’m open. I’ve got thick hair that’s two inches past my shoulders and workable for all types of styles.
5- Shoes. Nothing more than 2-and-half inches high, preferably.
I’m all yours, Bees. Time to play stylist.
Post # 3
@riakd: Ok I love accessories so I’ll give it a go!
1. The veil you have is fine but my choice for your dress was be a fingertip length single layer with trim like this
All the accesories and veil I found on bella tiara website….I ordered my earrings there!
2. Headpiece….I’d say a comb and wear you hair half up/down and then remove the veil and you still have the comb there
3. I’d skip a necklace and do nice earrings and a bracelet
4. Hair….I’d say half up/down or maybe a side bun type do
4. Shoes….I really love these Betsy Johnson shoes that I came across on Zappos the other day!
Edit…..Oops I see you don’t want anything highter than 2.5 on the heels and I think these are prob 3-4 inches
Post # 4
Post # 5
@weddingbound: Thank you so much!! You gave me a lot of great ideas! I especially LOVE that jewelery!! I’m heading to that website right now :o)
Post # 6
Post # 7
@cincychick35: Thank you for the suggestion!! I love being able to step out of my brain to see what other people come up with. :o) I hadn’t considered anything with pearls before, but they could certainly work.