In 2017 I need to cut down on…

posted 3 years ago in The Lounge
Post # 46
1104 posts
Bumble bee

TV. My TV is practically hot to the touch by the end of the day…poor thing. 

Post # 47
309 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2017

Sweets & trips to Target.

Post # 48
624 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2019

travelling for work. 

Post # 49
491 posts
Helper bee

*Spending

*Sweets

Post # 50
209 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2018

Procrastination. 

Post # 51
307 posts
Helper bee

Social media! The amount of times I refresh instagram and facebook are disgusting

Post # 52
5070 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: September 2017

Self sabotaging thoughts.

Post # 53
130 posts
Blushing bee

Eating out! I was so good at meal planning and grocery shopping on a budget in college, but I’m just so exhausted from work now that we tend to go get pizza or sandwiches or teriyaki or something else quick nearly every night of the week! :/ I am saving for retirement and paying off my loans, but I’d like to be able to save more for fun purchases, too! Not exactly helping the waistline either 😉

Post # 54
716 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: January 2017

ladyvictoria :  I have been trying to do this too. Not have dessert if I have a drink.

I read something that Kate Hudson said and though I would have kicked this French woman right in the shin, she had a point:

“I was at my favorite French restaurant in Paris … eating everything I love … steak, fries, lots of wine. Then the dessert came, and I was having strawberries and cream pastries plus the wine. Then a svelte, sophisticated woman approached my table. She pointed to my glass of wine. “This is your piece of cake. That’s how you should be thinking.” And I always try to remember that: Everything in moderation!”

When I am at home, and I want a glass of red wine, and I also want something sweet… I choose one or the other. I usually go for the wine, but it helps me not feel too crappy in the morning.

Anyway back to the topic at hand:

I will try to cut back on wine, clutter, unnecessary spending, and negativity.

Post # 55
3540 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: April 29th, 2016

stevielee : I think the woman definitely overstepped in telling Kate what she should and should not be eating, but it looks like she appreciated that advice! So far with the holidays, I’m totally failing. Last night I had a hard cider and two pieces of chocolate AND one of my MIL’s famous cookies. And I’m craving a cupcake because I made a ton for my mom’s birthday celebreation. I’ll be better in 2017 once the holidays pass! 🙂 

Post # 56
972 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2018 - Tizer Gardens/Carroll College

I’m trying to give up saying “I’m sorry” all the time. With the frequency of which I use it, it’s empty. I’m not really sorry, and I definitely don’t need to keep saying it for stupid things, like dying during Wii games.

I’m taking on something, though. I’m getting more serious about recycling, I added a new thing last month to stuff I need to recycle, and I’m green bagging it as much as I can. I can’t stand all the plastic bags that go to waste, and it’s lazy to keep using them.

Post # 57
55 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: May 2017

Im going to cut back on Starbucks and super expensive groceries. The “natural” markets are great but do I really need pricey organic terriyaki sauce? Yes, but no!

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors