(Closed) Inappropriate 1st kiss?

posted 10 years ago in Ceremony
  • poll: How should we kiss?
    You sit in your chair, he sits in his and you reach across to kiss him : (29 votes)
    32 %
    Sit on his lap! : (61 votes)
    68 %
  • Post # 32
    137 posts
    Blushing bee

I was gonna ask how you usually kissed. If you’re used to sitting in his lap, when you kiss, then that will probably look the most natural during the ceremony.

You’re right that it’d be a good idea to rehearse sitting in your dress though. It’d be great if you had a good girlfriend or family member you could practice with (just the sitting, though, not the kissing lol) so your Fiance doesn’t see your dress.

Post # 33
    158 posts
    Blushing bee

I totally vote sit in his lap, if this is how you normal kiss why fix whats not broken?

As for practicing it, forgive me if this sounds odd but I’m an outside the box kinda girl, ask him if he would be willing to let/be comfortable with you blindfolding him so he can’t see you in your dress but you can practice your first kiss? That way he wont see you in the dress but you will have been able to work out how to move your dress around. Or if you have a dress thats even a bit similar practice in that.

Post # 35
    330 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: July 2011

I say, definitely appropriate. Just don’t straddle him. (not that you would. my mind just goes there…)

Post # 36
    427 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: July 2012

My family is heavily involved in wheelchair basketball and I have been to many weddings where one half of the couple was in a chair. I’ve seen it done both ways, but honestly – the lap thing is way more cute, and way less awkward because then you aren’t leaning over him or like crouching to one side of the chair. You could also put the chairs side by side and do the lean over kiss dealie. If you want to PM me feel free, I could also ask a few people for you. 🙂

Post # 37
    813 posts
    Busy bee

I don’t think there is a person at your wedding who would find it inappropriate. They know the story and wouldn’t find it inappropriate at all. But yes, no straddling. Save that for later in the night!

Post # 39
    11 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: July 2012

I would say sit on his lap if it is the most comfortable for the two of you. But this made me think of wedding pics I was looking at today that the photographer I want to book took. The bride is leaning over to kiss her husband but I think it still looks really special 🙂

The topic ‘Inappropriate 1st kiss?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors