(Closed) Indecision choosing between final two diamonds. Input appreciated.

posted 7 years ago in Rings
Post # 2
Member
260 posts
Helper bee

do you have pictures to compare them? 

I would go with the smaller one personally, the difference in size between them is not large enough to warrant shelling out an additional 2K. 

  • This reply was modified 6 years, 11 months ago by Madeline789.
  • This reply was modified 6 years, 11 months ago by Madeline789.
Post # 3
Member
1413 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2016

I agree with PP about the smaller one. Pick that one!

My ring size is 5.25 and my diamond is a .6 carat. It’s a really nice size, and people generally think its larger since my fingers are a little small. 

Post # 5
Member
344 posts
Helper bee

Wait…. Aren’t you supposed to buy the setting before the stone? Ah. I’m an idiot. I just noticed you have a setting. Go for the bigger one. I have a 1.5 carat ring and I’m a size 5. I love my diamond to pieces. Unless she’s more of the most type… 

  • This reply was modified 6 years, 11 months ago by leximarti082.
  • This reply was modified 6 years, 11 months ago by leximarti082. Reason: Spelling and Stuff
Post # 6
Member
344 posts
Helper bee

*modest type… Stupid phone. 

Post # 7
Member
8514 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

I’d go with the smaller one. The difference in size doesn’t seem worth an extra $2K and the difference in clarity won’t be noticable. Here’s the size comparison: http://www.diamdb.com/compare/0.95ct-round-vs-0.81ct-round/

Put the extra $$ towards a gorgeous wedding band for her.

Post # 8
Member
147 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: January 2016

I’d say pick the smaller! The actual size difference will not be that noticeable and seeing as you’re buying such an expensive diamond and setting, you could probably do with saving the extra $2000 on something that might not even make much difference

Post # 9
Member
2409 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2015

View original reply
jl321: possible to get F, VS2, AGS000, 0.81 ct? 

I have a G, VVS2, GIA XXX, 0.8 ct and it’s overkill on the clarity. I have 3.5 size ring finger now, but when we got engaged, I had a size 5. It was always a good size. 

I don’t think going from 0.81 ct to 0.95 ct while going down on clarity is worth $2k, but if she’s a size queen, she will probably want bigger.

Post # 11
Member
8514 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

View original reply
jl321:  I like that one alot. I’m too lazy to look up numbers, but if it’s on par with the others in terms of cut/HCA, I’d go with that. As 
View original reply
bitsybee:  mentioned, clarity can be sacrificed.

Post # 12
Member
5985 posts
Bee Keeper

View original reply
jl321:  I would also go for the smaller ring.  It’s still .80 carats, which is a nice size ring.

Post # 13
Member
2409 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2015

View original reply
jl321: The latest diamond looks great, but you really can’t go wrong with either .8ish ct. Just how much do you want to spend? 🙂

Since the band tapers from 1.3mm to slightly wider than that, the stone will pop even more. 

Here’s a photo of my ring, if it helps. The band is 2.1mm on a size 4.5 at the time this photo was taken:

 

Post # 15
Member
2409 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2015

View original reply
jl321: just because you’re willing to spend it, doesn’t mean you have to.

Fiance spent 1/2 the e-ring budget on this ring which means we have the budget for an awesome 3-3.5mm full eternity in addition to my wedding ring (inside out eternity that matches FI’s) so I can mix things up a bit. I’m happy to have those options, but that is me.

Think about if your gf might want an awesome eternity or killer studs – they get pricey fast!

 

The topic ‘Indecision choosing between final two diamonds. Input appreciated.’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors