(Closed) Induction Schedule for Monday…not happy at all

posted 6 years ago in Babies
Post # 3
3378 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: December 2011

Is there any way for you to reject this procedure?  What happens if you don’t give in to the induction?  I thought most doctors will wait at least 2 weeks.  Find out what the consequences are if you just don’t show up – it all depends on what your comfort level is, but I would not consent to being submitted to an induction before my due date…or even for a few weeks after.


Post # 4
664 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

I don’t think a doctor can disallow you from opting out. You always have the right to refuse, and I’ve heard other bees say that a doctor can’t drop you as a patient this late in your pregnancy without refering you to a new OB, so it’s not like you’d be doctorless if you said no.

I hope things work out well for you and your husband and baby. Good luck.

Post # 5
1621 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

I agree with what the 2 pp”s said.  There are risks to induction that early without a medical indication.  I can see the difficulty about waiting with regards to your husband’s exam….but you could still wait a week, or even until the weekend.  Even day will make a difference.  Induction of labour before 41 weeks with an unripe cervix (which you currently have-most likely- I don’t have all the facts) carries a 50% c-section risk.  

Examine for yourself if this is something you want to do. If the answer is “No”, then you need to tell your OB on Monday that you aren’t willing to be induced just yet and to negoiate another day.  There are always options for induction…..what if you broke your waters on Thursday and were GBS+….you bet they’d fit space to induce you!!!! Just don’t take no for an answer.  Sounds like this induction is planned for the convenience of the OB, not for the safety of you and your baby.

The topic ‘Induction Schedule for Monday…not happy at all’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors