INFERTILITY POAS – covid edition

posted 2 months ago in TTC
Post # 2
Member
90 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

Thanks for starting a new thread! 

 

Your age/partner’s age: 36/39

Baby #: 1

Cycles TTC: 15

Usual cycle length: 29

Known fertility issues: Male factor

Trying anything new this month?: Nothing aside from quarantining myself

 

I didn’t post this on the other thread, but my March IUI wasn’t cancelled. We inseminated on Monday the 23rd. This was our third round of IUI so if it doesn’t take we will be meeting with our doctor about starting IVF, but I anticipate that to be delayed. We are going to take this time to explore adoption options. 

Post # 5
Member
492 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 2017 - City, State

Thanks for starting this thread. It’s hard not knowing when treatment availabilty will start up again.

ROLL CALL

Your age/partner’s age: 32/31

Baby #: 1

Cycles TTC: this is cycle 12, post-MC

Usual Cycle Length: 26 days

Known fertility issues: poor morphology

Trying anything new this month?: Back to trying naturally, after our first IUI didn’t work. I’m a frequent climber and swimmer, and since our gyms have been closed for 2+ weeks now, I guess I’m “trying” a cycle with much less intense exercise. Relatedly, trying to find ways to stay sane in “shelter in place” mode, and with the unknown of when we’ll get to try another IUI.

Post # 6
Member
492 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 2017 - City, State

View original reply
piscesinsc : Sending lots of good thoughts for that most recent IUI to take!  We’ve also been looking into adoption, off and on for a while now. I hope you are able to get some more clarity on possible paths forward for your family.

View original reply
anev :  Sounds like a tough borderline call on the P. Are you expecting to get your other test results back soon still, or are they on a covid-hold?

Post # 7
Member
90 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

View original reply
anev :  Thanks! I’m in South Carolina so we haven’t been hit too hard. There are only 50 cases in my county (at least that are confirmed). My state hasn’t officially closed any businesses so my clinic intends to stay open. I don’t know how comfortable we’ll feel doing IVF after this so we may pause anyway. i’m also not too impressed with how they handled this last cycle. We ended up triggering and inseminating the same day to avoid another appointment. I seriously doubt it works, but we wanted to do three cycles before moving onto IVF. But I’d rather wait and do IVF properly rather than try to accommodate it around the virus. 

Post # 9
Member
590 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2017

Your age/partner’s age: 27/27

Baby #: 1

Cycles TTC: 18

Usual cycle length: 30 Days plus

Known fertility issues:Dual Factor: PCOS and low motility

Trying anything new this month?: Not actively trying and unmonitored 

 

Hey Bees, so originally I was so defeated by the idea that I had a cyst and feeling defeated about our clinic closing that I didnt want to take my last round of letrozole. However, after cooling down and thinking about it rationally, I decided to take it so that hopefully it keeps my cycles on track and we can get to moving with our IUI once the clinic re-opens. We decided that since this cycle is unmonitored anyways we would just take the letrozole and not stress about timing BD, let things happen as they happen since its already a stressful of enough time. We arent expecting anything and its actually kind of refreashing and a break which I think we needed.

 

View original reply
anev :  There is an 8 year long wait list in Canada for adoption? I had no idea! Both my grandmother and my mother were adopted so we were going to look at that as a possible course of action instead of IVF but that really is defeating…

Post # 11
Member
4153 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: October 2016

Hi everyone, I have some interesting news to report.

My team is going through with cycles like nothing is happening. My re says the surgeries are not considered elective since fertility can be affected by putting off procedures so apparently we are planning for IVF in May.

Originally we talked about starting on my next cycle mid April (my 3rd IUI did not work btw) and then do egg retrieval then transfer sometime in June but my DH and I decided we think we’re gonna wait until May hoping things calm down a bit. Not too comfortable with egg retrieval during all of this madness. Waiting it out until mid May gives me less anxiety.

Although talking to my RE she doesn’t think I should wait as she is concerned about my low AMH level which was 1.6 in September last year. Now she’s freaking me out. But then again is 3 weeks going to make that much of a difference? I really hope not. She seemed confident speaking to her last week that we should proceed the sooner the better. But I don’t see how waiting until May is going to drastically alter things.

Ugh idk it’s all very stressful and I wanted to wait to be less stressed. Plus I just started the coQ 10 and the folate supplements and wanted to give them sometime before retrieval. Any opinions out there would be appreciated. 

Post # 12
Member
4153 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: October 2016

View original reply
piscesinsc :  good luck on your IUI! Throwing some good vibes out there for you. 

View original reply
stellate23 :  sorry to hear yours didn’t work. My 3rd IUI didn’t either so we’re onto next steps now.

Post # 13
Member
4153 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: October 2016

View original reply
anev :  i’m sorry to hear your clinic has canceled the procedures right now. Really hoping you can get back into it very soon. Thinking of you. 

Leave a comment


Find Amazing Vendors