Infertility POAS- July 2020

posted 3 months ago in TTC
Post # 3
4185 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: April 2016 - Manhattan, NY

View original reply
@DogsAndWine:  Thanks for getting this started! Love the calendar – fingers crossed for you!

Your age/partner’s age: 29/49

Baby #: Long awaited first child

Cycles TTC: July makes 2 years since we first started trying, but I started planning and preparing in December of 2017 (vitamins, saving money, reading all the pregnancy books…)

Usual cycle length: 30 days

Known fertility issues: Borderline PCOS (although it just gave us a lot of eggs) and severe male factor infertility 

Trying anything new this month?: We finally had our first ever transfer on 6/23! This is first real chance at a BFP and baby!

POAS/Beta date: I plan to POAS on 6/30 but my beta is a week later on 7/7

BFP Plan: It’s all out of my hands at this point. Just trying to eat a balanced diet and get out for walks, relax and enjoy being PASP! I like it better than PUPO as it stands for Pregant and Staying Pregnant! 

Just for fun: What is your favorite time of day? I love weekend mornings! I get up take our fur baby out, and we walk around the yard and look at all of our plants and flowers, sometimes play a little bit. Then coming back in and reading on the couch or on our balcony. It’s just super peaceful and time that I look forward to. 

Post # 4
1610 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2017 - California

Your age/partner’s age: 36/35

Baby #:1

Cycles TTC: Our TTC has been broken up by three losses over the course of a year so I’m not really sure how to answer this. We started TTC in 2018, and first loss (MC) in January 2019, second loss (MC) in August 2019, third loss (CP) in December 2019. 

Usual cycle length: It’s been wonky lately, but normal for me is around 30 days. 

Known fertility issues: Recurrent pregnancy loss, but no overall known cause other than abnormal embryo on the second loss and likely egg quality issues due to age.

Trying anything new this month?: Had our first retrieval cycle last month, haven’t decided what to do next. 

POAS/Beta date: Not sure we will POAS in July. 

BFP Plan: IVF w/PGS testing. 

Just for fun: What is your favorite time of day? I love this question because lately I have been trying really hard to make myself into a morning person. It’s really fighting against the core of my nature but I am trying! I love when I can wake up early and go for a walk before it gets too hot. 

Post # 5
291 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

Thanks for starting another thread for the month!

ROLL CALL

Your age/partner’s age: 36/39

Baby #: 1

Cycles TTC: No idea. A year of ttc naturally, 3 rounds of iui, and we did our ivf retrieval

Usual cycle length: 29 days

Known fertility issues: male factor 

Trying anything new this month?: Prepping for our transfer!!

POAS/Beta date: No idea as I’m still waiting on my protocol but it will likely be at the end of July or early August

BFP Plan: continue to eat healthy and weekly acupuncture 

Just for fun: What is your favorite time of day? I’m a total morning person. I’m usually up by 6:30 on weekends and love to read or work out before my husband gets up. I also love breakfast foods and love sipping my coffee in peace. 

Post # 6
624 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: City, State

Well ladies, I’m super excited and hopeful to be posting here!  I used to post on the POAS boards all of 2018, and took a break for a while when we discovered it would be a looooooonger journey for us.  We just had our FET this past Wednesday on 6/24!  I’m officially waiting for the next week.

Your age/partner’s age: 35/35

Baby #: 1

Cycles TTC: a couple years

Usual cycle length: ~28 days

Known fertility issues: Dual factor infertility.  D.H. had a vericocele (had surgery 2019), and I had low AMH.  Then I discovered I had undiagnosed endometriosis (had surgery this year).

Trying anything new this month?: first embryo transfer!!!

POAS/Beta date: I will be POAS most likely every day, but official beta is on 7/3

BFP Plan: Drinking plenty of water, getting some good rest, watching funny shows & taking my vitamins.  Not much to do besides wait!

Just for fun: What is your favorite time of day? This depends if it’s a weekend of a weekday.  There’s something really nice about mornings, weather it’s the lazy kind with coffee in bed, or getting a nice walk or bike ride in before the day heats up.  But during the work week I like my evenings, curling up on the couch at the end of the day with my dog and D.H.  

Post # 7
4316 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: October 2016

View original reply
@DogsAndWine:  thank you for making the July board. And I love your calendar! 

Your age/partner’s age: 34/36

Baby #:1

Cycles TTC: too many to count 

Usual cycle length: 25-28 days

Known fertility issues: Endometriosis, egg quality, DH low morph, 

Trying anything new this month?: 1st ER in May. Now onto second retrieval in July.

POAS/Beta date: not 100% sure but around July 19th

BFP Plan: Second IVF cycle this time a microdose Lupron flare with estrogen priming, supplements and accupunture

Just for fun: What is your favorite time of day? The afternoon. 

good luck to us all this month! 

Post # 8
4185 posts
Honey bee

Okay I’m 5dp5dt and find myself getting more nervous about POAS instead of getting anxious to do it! I guess it’s because I feel really great and normal, while everyone else in my group chat who transferred on the same day seem to have all these symptoms and are starting to test and get faint positives. I’m just hungry all the time, feel warmer than usual (I normally run cold and freeze all the time), and have some constipation and gas, but all of that can be blamed on the progesterone! I know that plenty of people have little to no symptoms in early pregnancy but it’s just making me question if this transfer worked or not. Sigh. Thanks for listening to my vent/TWW anxiety. 

Post # 9
671 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
@DogsAndWine:  Thank you for creating the board!

View original reply
@ladyvictoria:  Good luck for your BFP! 

ROLL CALL

Your age/partner’s age: 32/36

Baby #: 1

Cycles TTC: 3.5 years

Usual cycle length: 30-33d

Known fertility issues: endometriosis, egg quality issues, two MC after IVF

Trying anything new this month?: ICSI #3

POAS/Beta date: hopefully around July 25th. Currently waiting for CD1

BFP Plan: ICSI #3, ton of vitamins and Q10. Our RE said we can only get pregnant with a fresh transfer, so we’ll go for that. He said that we could risk OHSS, so we decrease pergoveris from 200 to 175.

Just for fun: What is your favorite time of day? Around 6pm, when I’m done with work

Post # 10
4185 posts
Honey bee

View original reply
@annili:  Thanks so much! I can’t believe out transfer was almost a week ago now. I have not had the slightest temptation to test and actually might chicken out tomorrow morning. I feel better than I have in a long time and haven’t had any notable symptoms. I know you don’t need them to get a BFP but it just feels unreal that our embaby really might be growing in there and I feel so normal haha 

And that’s interesting that your RE said only fresh transfers will work for you. Is there any specific reason why that is? I’ve heard that some women do better with fresh and others frozen, but never knew exactly why that is. I did develop OHSS but my estrogen was way too high pre-transfer anyways, so I never got to try a fresh transfer. 

Post # 11
291 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

@ladyvictoria:  I think what you’re feeling is actually pretty normal. I have already told my husband that I do not want to test at all and just want to wait for the clinic to tell me my beta results. I just can’t bear the thought of another negative test after all of work I’ve done. If it’s negative, I’ll end up playing all kinds of mind games about how it’s too soon or how the test may be defective and I just don’t even want to deal with that. I feel like the bloodwork is way more definitive. 

Post # 12
1610 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2017 - California

View original reply
@ladyvictoria:  Wow, I didn’t realize your POAS date was tomorrow! Good luck!! It’s really true what people say about early pregnancy symptoms being all over the map. My only early pregnancy symptom was hard, painful breasts (which I noticed only when I went to hug my husband or when I went for a massage with my first pregnancy and I had no idea that was a pregnancy symptom the first time and also had no suspicion I was pregnant that time). 

Post # 13
1133 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

View original reply
@ladyvictoria:  I am not rollcalling as I wont be doing my transfer until August but have been on the other infertility covid board. But wanted to chime in and say that is so exciting your beta is tomorrow! Also if you makes you feel any better I didnt have noticable pregnancy symptoms until I was like 5 weeks. I felt totally normak early on too! Good luck tomorrow!! Keeping everything crossed this is it for you!!

Post # 14
4185 posts
Honey bee

View original reply
@piscesinsc:  Thanks so much! Before our transfer, I thought I’d be very eager to test and know if it worked or not, but now that it’s real, my nerves are really kicking in. My beta isn’t until 7/7 and part of me liked the idea of testing early instead of being an anxious mess waiting for the results. I guess I can just wait and see if the urge to POAS ever strikes me. The tests are ready and waiting LOL

View original reply
@zstbee84:  Thank you! Your lack of symptoms makes me feel better. I may not end up POAS tomorrow now, I guess I’ll just wait and see how I feel. I’m kind of doing a 180 here since I never thought I’d be able to hold out with this being our first real chance at getting a BFP!

View original reply
@candy08:  Thanks so much! Tomorrow is just my self-imposed POAS day, my beta isn’t until 7/7. We’ll see if I feel brave in the morning or push it off another day or so. 

Post # 15
508 posts
Busy bee

I haven’t been on here in a hot minute and I won’t be transferring until early August but wanted to say good luck to you all! <3

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors