Infertility POAS- July 2020

posted 1 month ago in TTC
Post # 166
205 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

I’m still playing the waiting game, but at least my baseline ultrasound is Thursday morning. I’m so ready to get things moving, and I can’t wait to get off birth control. I mentioned earlier that it suppresses my appetite, but lately it’s made me more nauseous and craving simple foods. I just had a PB&J because nothing else I had in the house sounded good. I need to start eating more fruits and veggies and less like a 5 year old.

Post # 167
4697 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

View original reply
@piscesinsc:  My RE doesn’t require any waiting – you can try again the next cycle if you want. Unfortunately, we conceived with our first FET, but I miscarried at around 6 weeks.

Between waiting for the miscarriage to run it’s course and my cycle to get back on track, deciding to do PGS testing and a second round of IVF, and most recently COVID, it’s been about a year gap for us. That’s not the norm, though. 

Post # 168
205 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
@LadyBear:  I’m so sorry about your miscarriage. That had to be so tough. Was it with a PGS tested embryo or did you do that on your second round of IVF? We have 2 embryos after PGS testing so I’m really hoping at least one will work. We really want two kids but have agreed that if only one works we’ll live with an only child so we don’t have to go through IVF again. I’m already 36 so my egg quality is not going to get any better unfortunately. Fingers crossed this one works for you, though. You have definitely been through a lot and deserve to finally have a healthy pregnancy. Also, this board has had a string of good luck lately with a few BFPs in the past month or so and I’m hoping the luck continues. 

Post # 169
1012 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2019

View original reply
@zstbee84:  
View original reply
@DogsAndWine:  
View original reply
@piscesinsc:  Thank you, ladies!

What’s funny is just an hour or two after posting about Letrozole and how I’m supposed to be ovulating sometime this week… I tested and found out I’ve got my surge! I know this is just one small step in the process, but this is HUGE for me because I’ve never detected an LH surge before. I wanna cry because I think the Letrozole worked, which means this puts me one step closer <3 (time to get busy with hubby tonight 😂)

Post # 170
4290 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: October 2016

This is a sad post feel free to skip the read if you’re not in the mood…. 

today is a bad day. I got bloodwork back from a hemotogist because of a high platelet count and it turns out I have a clotting disorder, it’s more like a blood disease. I am pretty devastated. I just feel like I keep getting bad news and i’m just tired…. like really tired of everything. I feel very alone, shooting my self with needles in the bathroom by myself and for what? If this doesn’t work I am just defeated. I’ve lost all hope at this point. This is extreme but I just want to go away and not come back. Not suicidal i’m just, tired and scared and really sad. I’ve had enough. I don’t want to tell my husband because he’s already so negative about life and my parents are stressed with their own stuff after my sister died. I feel very lonely. I feel not myself. 

eta: I apologize if that is extreme. I just feel like this is the only place someone might understand me. 🙁

Post # 171
754 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2015 - Backyard

View original reply
@Cheekie0077:  oh no! I’m so sorry to hear this. What will the treatment be? It sounds like you’ve had an enormous amount of heavy stuff to deal with lately, try to give yourself some grace. You will get through this one way or another. I hope you can find a way to lean on your husband for some support. We are here for you! (I just popped out of lurking to post this, I’ve been kind of MIA lately on the boards). 

Post # 173
1012 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2019

View original reply
@Cheekie0077:  I’m so sorry 🙁 How you’re feeling is completely normal. It’s okay to let yourself feel how you need to right now <3 I hope that you are able to confide in your husband. I know you said he’s down too, but maybe you two can help lift each other up? And do you have any close friends you could lean on too? It’s always a little easier to go through terrible times when you have someone you can talk to about it. Hugs to you <3

Post # 174
2296 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2017

View original reply
@Cheekie0077:  I’m so sorry that you are struggling.  What did they diagnose you with?  Infertility is so terribly isolating and we go through so much on our own (but we are here for you).  I actually took my clotting disorder as something positive – something that is treatable that might have been preventing us from getting pregnant (and although lovenox is just another needle to take every day, it’s not that bad).  I’m here if you want to chat over pm too ❤️❤️

Post # 175
4697 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

View original reply
@piscesinsc: We didn’t test until after the miscarriage. I had 4 embryos from my first IVF cycle (3 post-miscarriage), but my egg reserve is dropping quickly (going on 35 with low AMH), so we decided to do a second round of IVF and then test all embyros at once. I’m glad we did becuase of my 3 remaining from the first IVF, we only had 1 test normal. We only had 2 embryos from the second round, but both testednormal. So 3 healthy embyros total.

We’ll give these three a try (first one transferred last week), but I’m almost postive I’m not doing IVF again, regardless of the outcome. Twice was enough torment for my body.

FX for you and me! My RE says chances are usually better with embryos that pass PGS testing.

Post # 176
205 posts
Helper bee

@citizenerased14:  Congrats! I hope you guys were able to get some BD in and have good luck this month. 

@LadyBear:  3 embryos is great! I hope this one sticks for you. I agree that the odds are much better with PGS tested embryos. We had 6 fertilized eggs, 5 embryos, and only 2 after PGS testing.

Post # 177
205 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
@Cheekie0077:  I’m so sorry about your diagnosis and hope your doctor is able to give you a good treatment plan. I’ve definitely been feeling what you’re feeling right now where you just want to hide and not face the idea that pregnancy may be out of reach. I have been seeing a therapist and she told me it is normal and just part of the process. I find it best to just think about the next step in front of me and not the long term outcome because things do sometimes seem hopeless until you can actually visualize the plan to get there. It’s definitely a marathon a not a sprint. I really hope that you still have options and can feel good about the situation soon. And the good news is that your doctor caught this before you started transferring so you will still have embryos.  

Post # 178
4290 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: October 2016

View original reply
@redroses76:  thanks for coming out of lurk to respond to me. It looks like I will go on some sort of anticoagulant to prevent clotting. I hope you’re doing well and thank you for the kind words.

View original reply
@DogsAndWine:  

View original reply
@citizenerased14:  thanks to both of you for what you said. I will try to lean on a friend and my husband. I don’t like to burden people with my shit so it’s hard for me and so far I haven’t told anyone IRL yet 🙁 i’m just trying to process it on my own first. 

View original reply
@anev:  hi bee thanks for responding. I PMed you. 

View original reply
@piscesinsc:  thanks so much for your encouragement. I am definitely glad it was caught before I go through any transfer. Just worried that things may get delayed but you’re right I need to focus on one thing at a time. And that is what I will try to do. Thanks for the advice ❤️

Post # 179
1485 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2017 - California

View original reply
@Cheekie0077:  I am so sorry to hear this. I hope that you are doing OK. Please keep posting here if it is helpful. I know that we are all invested in your success and hope we can support you as much as possible through all of this. I hope that you are able to get the treatment sorted quickly. Does this have any impact on your current retrieval cycle or are you still able to proceed with that? Sorry if I misunderstood that part. 

Post # 180
205 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
@Cheekie0077:  I’m glad there seems to be a treatment that can help with your pregnancy. Hopefully you feel a little better today now that you’ve had some time to process the news. 

My FET meds are supposed to arrive today but no sign of them yet. I am supposed to get them by 8 so there’s still time but I never get them this late. I’m worried about anything needing to stay cold since it’s almost 100F outside today. 

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors