Post # 31
252 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2017 - Florida

ROLL CALL

Your age/partner’s age: 33/33

Baby #: 1

Cycles TTC: since March 2019

Usual cycle length: originally 29, but the past 3 months I’ve used prometrium which makes the length 35 days

Known fertility issues: MFI

Trying anything new this month?: we have a regroup with our RE next week to go over all of our results; potentially will start priming 

POAS/Beta date: no POAS this month for me but hope it’s okay I’m joining in!

BFP Plan: ivf with icsi is what we talked about, will see at our regroup!

Just for fun: What is your favorite time of day? Watching the sunset 

Post # 32
126 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2019

View original reply
@DogsAndWine:  This is round 4 and our last round before going back in for more testing/change in med.  I haven’t had bad side effects minus hot flashes so I am hoping we can just add something to the clomid rather than change to a whole new game plan, if this month doesn’t work.

Work schedules can be the worst!  4 days on and 5 days off sounds great!… until you are TTC.

Post # 34
116 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

@jessig2b:  Welcome! I the clomid finally does the trick for you! I remember back when my husband and I were trying naturally and we still found it difficult at times even though we work the same schedule. I can’t imagine how much harder it is when you guys aren’t even in the same city half of the week. 

View original reply
@southernbellewindycity:  Welcome! There are a few of us here with male factor infertility. My husband and I are using a sperm donor and did IVF with ICSI after three failed rounds of IUI. We ended up with two embryos after genetic screening. I hope your appointment with your RE goes well. The other ladies here are also a wealth of knowledge on the IVF process if you have any questions. Most of it have been through it pretty recently. 

Post # 35
68 posts
Worker bee

ROLL CALL

Your age/partner’s age: 34/33

Cycles TTC: about 19ish

Usual cycle length: 30-33 days 

Known fertility issues: mild endometriosis, tubal scarring, low motility 

Trying anything new this month?: first IVF! 

POAS/Beta date: tbd

BFP Plan: currently stimming on day 7 of follistim, and menopur, day 3 of ganirelix. Retrieval should be no later than this Saturday 🙂 

Just for fun: What is your favorite time of day? Whatever time I get home from work and can finally relax! 

Post # 36
15 posts
Newbee

Your age/partner’s age: 38/44

Cycles TTC: None, straight to IVF

Usual cycle length: 28 days

Known fertility issues: DOR, Endo and Endo cysts. 

BFP Plan: Doing another antagonist protocol this month and then “mini IVF” at another clinic. 

Trying anything new this month?: FertilAid and thyroid meds

Just for fun: What is your favorite time of day? Early evening

Post # 37
620 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: City, State

I caved and tested early (who was I kidding, I am and always will be a POAS addict).

I tested on 4dp5dt, and I swore I could see a suuuuper faint line that was barely visible when I held it at the right angle.  So I waited a day, and got my BFP on 5dp5dt! 

I’m in complete shock.  I’ve been all over the map with emotions this past week.  I’ve never seen two lines in all the years of trying.  Now we wait for the beta test this Friday on 7/3 to confirm, and then the 2nd beta to make sure we’re progressing alright.

~backstory~

Like most of you, my d.h. and I tried naturally for over a year and when it didn’t work we did fertility testing.  We discovered at the end of 2018 that my husband had extremely low sperm count, 1% morphology, & 17% motility, and to top it off, my blood test came back with .86 AMH.  Due to all of that we were told to go directly to IVF w/ ICSI.

D.H. had surgery for what turned out to be a varicocele.  And since I was a low responder, we were advised to do 3 rounds of early embryo banking so we could genetically test them all and have enough for hopefully 2 children.  After 3 rounds, we had a total of 29 eggs, 25 matured, 20 fertilized, 10 made it to blast, and 4 that tested genetically normal.

We were ready to transfer last July but I was recommended to take a Receptiva test (aka endometrial biopsy) to check for abnormalities associated with endo..  I’ve never had “sypmtoms” (which I’m realizing is not that straight forward), so you can imagine my shock when it came back severly abnormal.  I spent months figuring out what to do about it, an HSG, more ultrasounds, and numerous doctors visits later, I had surgery this past January.

We were finally ramping up for a transfer on 4/1, and well I don’t need to tell you all that came to yet another screeching halt with covid.  I think like many of you I decided life can’t just stop, so we cautiously proceeded a few months later!

We had the FET with the 1 and only embryo we got from the 3rd round on 6/24!  I’m really hoping that the challenges for this pregnancy are behind us, and extremely hopeful for the coming weeks and months.

Every single one of us has gone through way more crap than we should have to go through to have our children.  I am so thankful for the people who have been a cheerleader and support through this, and I’m rooting for all of us to have success.

Post # 38
15 posts
Newbee

View original reply
@summerlove23:  I’m so happy for you!!! Best wishes for a happy, healthy, uneventful pregnancy!!

Post # 39
252 posts
Helper bee

Thank you both so much! We (thankfully) do have fertility coverage, however we only get 1 cycle covered. We get to chose to use it for ivf, iui or meds so we had decided to go straight to ivf and our RE agree 100% from the financial standpoint. We found out about MFI (low numbers, but they said still workable) and now we HAVE to do ivf. Now that it’s a “have to” instead of a “want to” feels heavy and makes me a little bummed, and feeling guilty for being bummed because the plan hasn’t changed. Woof. Infertility is such a mind game.  

View original reply
@DogsAndWine:  

View original reply
@piscesinsc:  

Post # 40
252 posts
Helper bee

A huge congratulations!! And thank you for sharing your story! 

View original reply
@summerlove23:  

Post # 41
252 posts
Helper bee

Best of luck with your first ivf cycle! I’m hoping to start mine soon. 

View original reply
@kimmybeenj:  

Post # 42
4060 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: April 2016 - Manhattan, NY

View original reply
@DogsAndWine:  So I had a crying fit last night over the first time we met our dog – her Gotcha Day is this Thursday. I never cry like that, so I took it as a sign. Got my first ever BFPs this morning 8dp5dt! I’m still shaking! Can’t wait to surprise hubby! 

Post # 43
997 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

View original reply
@summerlove23:  Congratulations!!! Thank you for sharing your back story I am so happy for you!!!

View original reply
@ladyvictoria:  Yay congratualtions!!! I am so happy for you!!!

Aw wonderful to see such good news today on this board!!!

Post # 44
4060 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: April 2016 - Manhattan, NY

View original reply
@summerlove23:  So happy for you! Congratulations! 

View original reply
@candy08:  Thank you so much! I’m still shaking a little! 

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors