Infertility POAS- July 2020

posted 2 months ago in TTC
Post # 61
4150 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: April 2016 - Manhattan, NY

View original reply
@mrsw88  Thank you so much! We’re both on cloud 9. I don’t know how I managed to not tell him until 4pm but he noticed that I was extra happy yesterday. I’ve collected a few things over the past couple years (story books, booties, onesies, etc.) and decided to put together a gift box with one of the books, a onesie that references our favorite show, a pair of booties, and then the positive digital and FRER in a ziplock bag. I burried it all under some crinkle confetti so he had to dig for it. He saw the booties first but then when he picked up the tests, he started tearing up and asked, “You’re pregnant?!” Then he gave me a big bear hug. It was the cutest thing in the world and I’ve waited so long to be able to surprise him. Such a special moment! 

Best of luck as you start your IVF cycle! It’s definitely a lot to take in at first, but it quickly becomes second nature. 

View original reply
@mrsw88  Thank you so much! I truly appreciate that. It definitely has been a long time coming. Sorry you’re joining the club here, but it’s the best club you never wanted to be a part of! 

Post # 62
210 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

View original reply
@ladyvictoria  Aww, that’s adorable! I’m glad you could surprise him. My husband doesn’t want to be surprised and wants to be there when I test. I would wake him up an hour before he gets up when I tested after each IUI because he didn’t want me to test without him. I think it’s sweet, but I would love to put together something like you did and suprise him myself. 

Post # 63
4150 posts
Honey bee

View original reply
@piscesinsc  Thank you! I asked him earlier on if he wanted to do it together and he didn’t have a strong opinion on it so I figured he’d be okay with being surprised 🙂 Maybe you can still test together but have a little something put together for when you do get your BFP? 

Post # 64
210 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
@ladyvictoria  That’s a good idea. I had a couple of books for dads saved in Amazon so maybe I’ll buy those and surprise him with them after we test. He’s also on board with waiting until the beta test and agrees that he doesn’t want to test right away so we’ll see how we feel. 

The protocol looked very overwhelming when I first glanced at it, but it’s not going to be too bad. It’s basically just pills and a vaginal insert until I start the PIO a few days before the transfer. The worst part is going to be getting through the procedure with a full bladder. I turn into the Hulk whenever I have to go to the bathroom and can’t so here’s hoping the valium kicks in for me. 

Post # 66
210 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
@DogsAndWine  That’s so rough. I’ve been lucky that I haven’t had any showers to attend the last couple of years, but now I’m in the middle of a major pregnancy surge. The employee who I was grooming to take my job when I go on maternity leave is now pregnant and due in December. Rationally I know she did nothing wrong and I’m not treating her any differently, but it really stung to know that she’s going to end up having a baby before me. She may even have her baby before I’m even pregnant if neither of our embryos works out. She’s also one of seven people in my office who is pregnant or is married to a pregnant person. I am not looking forward to putting on a happy face when we’re finally back in the office. You need to do what you can to preserve your mental health, and I think even getting a present is really generous. I would be tempted to ignore the invite and pretend I never received it. 

Post # 67
4290 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: October 2016

View original reply
@DogsAndWine  that’s such a cute story! And I love the idea of the gift box you put together.

View original reply
@DogsAndWine  haha I LOLed at your comment about going crazy when you have a full bladder. I feel the same way. I’ve had to do TVUS to look at my cysts in the past and you have to drink 32 ounces of water and hour before your appt. I would always be jumping up and down keeled over and so uncomfortable they would rush me into the exam room and do it super quick so I could run to the bathroom, LOL. I am excited to hear about your upcoming protocol for your FET! 

View original reply
@DogsAndWine  I can very much sympathize with you about your feelings re the baby shower. I have a hard time being around newborns as I get sad thinking about what I am wishing for. I try to avoid it but I also sometimes force myself to get over it because I feel like i’m being selfish if I don’t. Which is probably the worst thing to do. I like @pisces advice the best, it’s a pandemic so I would give that excuse and not bother going. 

Post # 68
4150 posts
Honey bee

View original reply
@DogsAndWine  Yeah, just go with the flow and have something ready for when you get the good news! 🙂 I found my FET protocol a little overwhelming at first because I was nervous about forgetting to up or lower a dose on the right day, but I just set calendar reminders in my phone and wrote things in my planner and that worked fine. Now my routine is nice and simple. And I actually didn’t find the full bladder to be uncomfortable. Our IVF center is a 20 minute drive away so I took the valium when we left out and gradually drank my 25oz water bottle on the way there and finished the last of it just before they took us back to the procedure room. It was nice to pee afterwards but didn’t feel urgent. 

View original reply
@DogsAndWine  Thank you! I always planned to do so much more… Early on when we were trying, I had custom beer bottle labels made that said “Baby OurLastName Is Brewing! Due in 2019!” but here we are 2 years later and just now have a 2021 baby on the way. I always thought I’d get balloons and have everything waiting for him when he got home from work. But this was just as special! 

View original reply
@DogsAndWine  I actually just threw my co-worker a virtual baby shower yesterday, but our small team went to her house to drop off the gifts beforehand. Same kind of deal, she got married last September (I threw her bridal shower too) and she’s due in early August. It really does suck to watch it happen so easily for everyone else while we patiently wait our turn. I’ve helped throw so many showers for close friends and family over the past 2 years and have stepped back from other baby related events as needed. I felt bad for not being there for some people but they understood that I needed to do that for my emotional wellbeing. Take care of yourself! 

Post # 69
1487 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2017 - California

View original reply
@ladyvictoria  OMG OMG OMG! Congratulations! I am so sorry I am super late to posting. I didn’t get any email notices for some reason on this particular thread. This is sooooo exciting!!! 

Post # 70
1487 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
@summerlove23  Yay! Congrats, Bee!

Post # 71
4150 posts
Honey bee

View original reply
@zstbee84  Thank you, hun! No worries, it’s still sinking in for us lol 

Post # 72
1487 posts
Bumble bee

As for me, I won’t be POAS this month, but hopefully in September! I will be doing another retrieval cycle this month, then waiting on PGS testing which will take me into August, then fingers crossed I will be able to do a transfer in September. I am starting to get excited, but still feels like I have a long way to go! 

Post # 74
1487 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
@DogsAndWine  Thanks for saying that about the time passing quickly – I’m trying to convince myself of that too :). Honestly, my time in stay-home days has passed more quickly than I expected. I’m still kind of in disbelief that I have already had my first retrieval and received my testing results. I remember thinking that I was constantly facing delay after delay, first with insurance issues then with COVID, and thinking that it was never going to happen or it was going to take forever to happen and now it’s already in the rear view mirror. I’ll be doing the same protocol. I asked my RE about it and he said he wouldn’t change a thing, so I’ll be on low-ish doses of Menopur and Follistim and then adding in Ganirelix and then triggering with Lupron. 

Post # 75
2996 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: July 2018

View original reply
@zstbee84  I’m with you…. I hate all the waiting! Feels like we have been waiting forever, and we *might* be able to hop on an August egg retrieval. 

How did your last one go?

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors