Infertility POAS- July 2020

posted 4 months ago in TTC
Post # 76
4216 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: April 2016 - Manhattan, NY

View original reply
@zstbee84:  Wishing you the best as you start up another retrieval cycle! The time has oddly flown by even though the work days can feel like they’re dragging, especially when you’re counting down to a transfer or POAS/Beta date! The days are long but the weeks are short. I mean, how did we even get to July? 

Post # 77
1714 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2017 - California

View original reply
@ladyvictoria:  It’s crazy, right? I looked at my calendar today and it was still on June and for a split-second I didn’t realize that it was past time to flip it over to July. It’s funny how so many things happen on two-week intervals (more or less). My stim cycle was a little under two weeks, it took two weeks to get my PGS results, and then there’s the most obvious one, the star of it all – the two-week wait. 

Post # 78
1714 posts
Bumble bee

Hi Bees — for the past couple of weeks I’ve been walking about 3 miles per day. It takes me about an hour to do that, so I’m not going particularly quickly and my heart rate seems to be within the optimal range for moderate intensity cardio. One thing I am wondering about is whether I should cut back at all on this during my next retrieval cycle. My RE only said not to do “rigorous” exercise during stimming. I don’t think what I am doing is rigorous by any stretch, but I am admittedly pretty out of shape, and just completely fell off the exercise wagon in the early months of stay-at-home, so it feels like a decent amount of intensity for my level of fitness. Any thoughts/advice? During my last round, I did not have much in the way of side effects from the hormones so if my next cycle is similar I *think* I could keep up my current regimen without much discomfort but just wondering if it would be wise to cut back to, say, half an hour a day for any reason. 

Post # 79
237 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
@zstbee84:  being in shape helps everything. I don’t think you’re doing anything particularly rigorous. A twenty min mile is pretty relaxed. Exercise also helps your mood which is so important during this time. I would keep going with it and mention it to Dr if concerned. 

Post # 80
1714 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
@jen9999:  Thanks! That is what I was thinking too – it seems harmless and it lifts my mood if nothing else. 

Post # 81
1039 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2018

View original reply
@ladyvictoria:  Just dropping in to say huge congratulations!! 😀

Post # 82
4216 posts
Honey bee

View original reply
@zstbee84:  Yes, the process does kind of break up into two week intervals at times! Definitely more manageable that way. I’m so glad my TWW is winding down – just a couple days away from my first beta now. 😊

View original reply
@sunnybee88:  Thank you so much, love! ❤️

Post # 83
1161 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

Looks like I will be able to join the infertility August POAS board! I started bcp and we have a tenative transfer date set for August 17th (as long as my linning cooperates) I got my protocol today and I will be starting estrave on July 30th. I am going to try and relax for July and enjoy the summer and try to gear up for all this again! Hopefully I dont see any of you who are poas in July on the Auguat board but I do know there are some ladies who on here who also plan to poas in August. 

Good luck to everyone this month!!

View original reply
@zstbee84:  Good luck on your next retrieval!!

Post # 85
392 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: Florida

You don’t need to feel guilty about your emotions! Sometimes I assume infertility is normal and get completely shocked when I hear about others conceiving so quickly naturally, and then proceed to cry.

View original reply
@DogsAndWine:  

Post # 87
392 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: Florida

Hi friends! I took a few days to clear my head. A good friend of mine (who got married in Nov’19) shared with me last week that she’s expecting and already 14 weeks along. SUPER happy for her, she’s always shared her dream to get pregnant right away, so I semi expected it. However, she shared the news the day after I found out we are dealing with MFI and will (most likely) never be able to conceive naturally. She didn’t know, not her fault, but it hit me like a ton of bricks and I’ve felt really fragile. 

Trying to focus on me, and good things, so my cycle started 15 days early (really weird) but I started BCPs tonight and am priming now for my first retrieval! 

Post # 89
4216 posts
Honey bee

View original reply
@southernbellewindycity:  Thank you so much! It’s nice to see that you’re back and I hope that your cycle goes well! There have been so many times on this journey where I’ve had to step back from friendships and let myself be sad for a little bit and then shake it off. It sounds like you have a great attitude about things!

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors