posted 12 years ago in Paper
Post # 3
23 posts
  • Wedding: August 2008

If they are Mr. and Mrs. Michael Jones, then you put "Mr. and Mrs. Jones" on the inner envelope.  I am having my calligrapher put nicknames on some of the inner envelopes.

Post # 4
2 posts

I also had the same question…and checked Emily Post.  She says full names go on the outside, and the inside envelope can include nicknames, and detail who is invited. For example, if you want a friend to to bring a date if she likes, you would address the outer envelope to your friend, "Ms. Jane Smith", and the inner envelope to "Ms. Jane Smith and Guest".  Or if you’re inviting several people who live in the same house, you could address it to the husband and wife on the outer envelope, and list them and their kids on the inner (or not if you don’t want their kids to come!)



The topic ‘INNER ENVELOPES’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors