(Closed) Inside my ring… EXPERTS!

posted 6 years ago in Rings
Post # 3
724 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

I haven’t found anything on google that comes even remotely close to explaining “BFC” or “HP” . Could it be something specific to the store they came from? 

Post # 4
2416 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

Yea, maybe an acronym for it? “HP” = hard plated?

Post # 5
588 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

Letters next to the karat are usually just makers marks. Sometimes they mean gold plated/electroplated but those aren’t initials for that. Even rings from chain jewelry stores often have little jewelers marks in them. 

Post # 6
686 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

How old is your ring?  What kind of ring is it?  That’ll help distinguish the maker’s mark.

Post # 7
2981 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

BPF and HP are most likely the stamps of the maker. Mine is stamped 14K MK.

“M” is the shop owner and master goldsmith’s initial/shop logo and “K” is the 1st initial of the man there who made my ring (Kerry).

The topic ‘Inside my ring… EXPERTS!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors