Post # 1
I have been having the worst insomnia for the past 3 days. Right now I’m going on 30 hours with no sleep at all and I’m totally fading, but I have to get through my workday.
Anyhow, I keep catching myself doing stupid sleep-deprived things:
- I opened a jar of peanut butter to make a sandwich, but then went out on the patio to check something quickly with the knife and open jar and left them outside overnight!
- I eventually did manage to make a pb&j, but managed to doze off a bit (like 15 secs) and get jelly on my sofa.
- I accidentally was making DH’s lunch and put vinegar on his swedish meatballs instead of his salad. Whoops!
- Ran the washing machine with no soap.
- Lost my iphone in my dog’s toy bin. Thank god I found it before he did!
I think those are the really ridiculous. Anyone have any funny insomnia/sleep stories?
Post # 3
Lol, I used to take Ambien for insomnia.
I don’t know why, but for some reason it made me crave popcorn in my sleep. There were many mornings I’d wake up or one of the kidsw would wake me up and I’d be covered in popcorn, but have no recollection of making it.
Post # 4
I’m so sorry, but that peanut butter outside thing was too funny.
I use to take Ambien as well, but never got any crazy stories out of it. Only beautiful sleep.
Post # 5
I have had horrible Insomia this week! i’ve been up at 3:30 religiously. Taking a tylenol pm tonight though! screw this mess – i can’t survive like this!
Post # 6
@totheislnds: me 2!!!
I was using melatonin but that didn’t work, and unisom just made me even more “up” once it wore off and I still hadn’t passed out!
@Lilikitty I wish my doc would give me some Ambien to try, but she is really nervous about prescribing anything.
Post # 7
@MrsDulce: You should find another doctor then. There is no reason for your health to go to shit because you can’t sleep and that’s exactly what insomnia does to you(saying this as I’ve been up for several hours because I couldn’t sleep and was too lazy to search out my sleeping pills).
There are a lot of prescription sleeping aids out there and if one doesn’t work for you, try another. Personally, I’ve found that Trazadone works best for me when I take it consistently.