(Closed) Insta dress regret

posted 7 years ago in Dress
  • poll: Should I wear my current dress or keep looking for a mermaid/fit and flare
    Wear the current dress : (70 votes)
    60 %
    Keep looking : (47 votes)
    40 %
  • Post # 16
    1308 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: May 2016 - St. John\'s Lutheran Church

I also agree that removing the flowers will solve a lot of your problems. The dress is beautiful and very sophisticated, but the ruffly flowers are overkill a little bit. But a good seamstress should be able to knock that out without breaking a sweat!

Post # 17
    44 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: August 2016

The shape looks great on you. Agree about the flowers. Removing those and adding the right appliqués will cost you way less than buying a new dress.

And since you asked, I’m going to be honest. I don’t think the mermaid shape suits you.

Good luck!

Post # 18
    1323 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: March 2017

You aren’t happy with this dress and you looking banging in a mermaid shape. I say keep looking! You want to feel amazing on your wedding day, and I don’t know that you will feel that way in your current dress.

Post # 19
    327 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: July 2015

I voted keep the dress but get rid off all the flowers and depeen the sweetheart. I would try something like the appliqués on the other dress you posted but be careful about the one on the skirt bc I think the appliqué would look like it’s over your crotch instead of like the other pic where it’s by the knee, so idk if it’s possible I’m that spot but def on the bust. Good luck! 

Post # 20
    4556 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: May 2016

I’m not really a fan of the flowers but I think a mermaid would look great on you. I’m not sure of your budget but I would totally sell you the first dress I bought lol it’s very similar to the Maggie you posted.

Post # 21
    4556 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: May 2016

Post # 22
    4408 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: October 2016

I think u look great in the dress u bought! Just make a few minor changes, the flowers are a little much, perhaps as a PP suggested, remove them and place beading there instead, if u want more of a sweetheart u can have a seamstress make it more defined… But otherwise, the shape and the back are flattering on u! Good luck!

Post # 24
    66 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: August 2015

If you do go mermaid I vote sweet heart top like dress one. But either way you look great i think dress one with the right assessories and alterations could be an amazing dress for you. but in the end the most important factor is that you love your dress.

Post # 25
    6835 posts
    Busy Beekeeper
    • Wedding: August 2013 - Rocky Mountains USA

I think your current dress is incredibly flattering! Keep it with alterations as suggested by the others ๐Ÿ™‚

eta: looks great now!

Post # 26
    7111 posts
    Busy Beekeeper
    • Wedding: August 2013

View original reply
    szya:  Glad you decided to keep it! It looks great and I think a pearl applique would be stunning!

Post # 27
    806 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: October 2017

I really love the dress you have better than the mermaid style on you. I think since you are pear shaped as you said the mermaid style pulls away from you and puts more emphasis on your butt. I really love the way the dress you have flows from the corset back to the train. It’s a beautiful gown and I think it flatters you well ๐Ÿ™‚ 

Post # 28
    1669 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: April 2016 - Gorse Hill, Surrey, UK

the shape of the current dress really suits you! I think if you could remove the flowers and add a sash that would glam it up and you still have the great shape. the ruching in the back looks amazing ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 29
    403 posts
    Helper bee

Having tried my fair share of wedding dresses, and being slightly pear shaped myself, and loving mermaids… i have realised that mermaids are really hard to fit well. u probably will need to try on actual mermaid dresses or tailor make to ensure the mermaid you buy fits well, which may be difficult if you are in japan.

i think the current dress you bought fits you well! the flowers are a little busy for my taste..maybe replace with some swarovski, or just leave it plain without the flowers! i think it will look elegant and pretty with some modifications!

Post # 30
    403 posts
    Helper bee

View original reply
    szya:  OMG i just saw this picture of you without the flowers!! haha!! Looks very elegant on you– i love it! I think a super long tulle veil will look very beautiful.. or if you like lace, you could do a lace edged one. some chandelier earrings will also add that Bling and embellishment to compliment your dress.

The topic ‘Insta dress regret’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors