(Closed) Internet Safety 101 – A rant

posted 6 years ago in The Lounge
Post # 2
5152 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: June 2014

View original reply
Kelly6871:  Agreed. I hate when people post invites with their full names, location of their wedding,  or have their full names as usernames. Ill be honest, I like to see if I can find them on facebook because they’re being so dumb when their usernames are their real names. It’s always so easy – they’re always the first one and a lot of times, their profiles arent private. 

Post # 3
47458 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

View original reply
Kelly6871:  I’m floored every time we see a thread started by a Bee who is upset that her pictures have been used by someone else, citing the fact that the pictures are private.

If you want something to remain private, don’t post it publically.

Do they seriously think the internet is not accessible to anyone and everyone?

Post # 4
431 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2016 - Winery

View original reply
Kelly6871:  Fellow lawyer who also gets concerned! 

Post # 6
5152 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: June 2014

View original reply
Kelly6871:  Glad I’m not the only creeper who does it….

Post # 7
3535 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: December 2015

View original reply
Kelly6871:  “Sometimes i feel like messaging certain Bees with their fb profile linked but thats a tad creepy..”

Lmao!  U would definitely get talked about on here lol. 

i can’t believe ppl post their addresses!  I’m not the most neurotic about privacy and security, but when I was filling out where my wedding was taking place (on a cruise) on my profile, I made sure not to put the ship’s name!!!!  Like I said, I’m not the best about tight privacy, but some of it is just common sense. No need to lay out an invitation for a psycho to find u! 

Post # 8
2008 posts
Buzzing bee

Some people just don’t care and aren’t that private anyway which is fine. The only times I feel like banging my head against a brick wall is when like 

View original reply
julies1949: said, they complain about pictures being stolen or they’re surprised when people know so much about them. I’m sorry honey but what did you expect when you post that stuff on a public forum? Sometimes I think some people just don’t understand the concept of the Internet and how NOT private it actually is. It’s the WORLD WIDE WEB people, come on!! Please protect yourselves.

Post # 9
2008 posts
Buzzing bee

I don’t think I even need to touch on identity theft…

Post # 10
47458 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

View original reply
Sukii:  How did they find WeddingBee if it’s not public? Duh.

Post # 11
393 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2015

View original reply
Kelly6871:  The address one kills me! There is a calligrapher I follow on FB and she posts pics of her work…that include people’s addresses!!! I see it on here sometimes, too. Not sure what you mean by the fb thing, though. Can you link you fb up? Wouldn’t do it regardless….

Oh, another thing LADIES—if you are having  a wedding website, PASSWORD PROTECT it! Seriously, a friend and I were thinking of fulfilling the bucketlist item of crashing a wedding.  We googled the date, city, and ‘wedding’ and found THREE weddings to attend if we wanted. Our plans changed, but we even went so far to fb them (bc of course their fb’s were open) and read up on their lifestories so we could be more convincing at the weddings….now THAT is scary that someone can do that.

Post # 12
2008 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
julies1949:  Unfortunately common sense is not actually all that common.

Post # 14
442 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
pinkorblue:  I sincerely hope you and your friend decide to cut that idea off your bucket list. Crashing someones WEDDING is just awful, I know if some stranger crashed my wedding day I would absolutely horrified. Weddings are extremely expensive, important and stressful events for most brides who want the day to be absolutely perfect and to be spent with friends and family ONLY! No bride wants two strangers waltzing in on the most important event of their life and eating their hugely expensive wedding food etc. What a silly, immature idea.

Post # 15
393 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2015

View original reply
Aqua59:  Well, we also found their registry and were planning on buying them a $100 gift off it to make up for it…major point being, there are way too many brides out there that have their wedding websites in full view of the public and their facebook pages open to the public…back to the post, that is way scary. These couples were just lucky that me and my friend may have been the folks joining them vs. some sleeze ball people, or worse, guest gift thieves 

The topic ‘Internet Safety 101 – A rant’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors