(Closed) Interview Tuesday, Wedding & HM in August

posted 6 years ago in Career
Post # 3
8738 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2011

@coffeegal85:  You don’t tell them until they give you an offer.

When/if an offer comes through, then let them know the travel plans you currently have on the books. 

Most companies will honor any previously booked holiday. Just ensure you talk about the days you would need off (and get confirmation you can have them) prior to accepting the job. 

Post # 4
2401 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

I wouldn’t tell them at the interview that you are planning a wedding. Only if they offer the job should you bring it up.

Post # 5
2281 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

No need to mention it in the interview (it’s a little premature). Wait until they make an offer, and then you can mention that as part of accepting the offer you need to ensure you have that time off. It’s standard to negotiate specific time off along with salary, etc.

Post # 6
688 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

Best bet is to start late but even if you can’t, I usually find this isn’t a problem. My very first job out of college I needed two days off mys econd week to go to a wedding, they were very accomodating.

My next job I got right befor ea trip to Cabo was scheduled, so I had to take an entire week my third week of work. Again, it was planned before teh opportunity came about so they were very understanding.

Good luck on your interview!

The topic ‘Interview Tuesday, Wedding & HM in August’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors