(Closed) Intro Post! Hello! I’m CheapoBride and we’re going to have a $2000 Wedding

posted 6 years ago in Money
Post # 3
3569 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

You come to the right place. I seen awesome two thousand weddings on the  bee, with a lot more guest then yours so it is doable put it into the seach and a few will come up. By the Future Sister-In-Law sounds like a peice of work, you have a good addittude about it , she doesn’t own the year, sound like entitlement to me, but some people are just weird like that.

Post # 4
751 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2013

Pretty petty of SIL, who needs a full year?! Good for you for making the best of it though and congrats on the start of your planning!

Post # 7
46408 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

Welcome! Let us know if you need any help with ideas, or resources.

Post # 8
1576 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

@CheapoBride:  You can’t make everyone happy. Someday Future Sister-In-Law will hopefully realize she isn’t the center of the universe. We are having a 5K wedding with an awesome pig roast the next day – but we have more guests — 110. I’m sure your wedding will be great and full of happiness!

Post # 9
765 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

Welcome to the hive!!!

I look forward to following your progress and seeing the end product!!! I’m sure its going to be great.

I won’t lie I am slightly jealous; my dream date is Sept 2nd, 2012, and I wanted a small informal dinner reception with just immediate family and friends but that got quickly shot down by my mom (who happens to be paying).

Your wedding will be perfect and gorgeous!

Post # 10
3360 posts
Sugar bee

This sounds exciting !! I will definately be following your progress ! Welcome to the Hive dear !! 

Post # 11
1313 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: February 2017 - Seattle, WA

@CheapoBride:  Yay!!  I love cheap, quick weddings, specifically of the backyard variety!  Here’s a link to my all time favorite cheap wedding, if you haven’t already seen it:

http://www.younghouselove.com/wedding-album/

It is full of details and price breakdowns.  They actually spent $4000 but only because they splurged $1200 for a photobooth.

Welcome to the bee!

Post # 12
466 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2014

MAke sure you post pics!!!

Post # 13
2965 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

Fiance and I were originally planning for a 2013 wedding because my brother and Future Sister-In-Law were trying to get married this year (well, she was trying to push for it but my brother wasn’t). Anyways, we ended up saying to hell with it, they make their plans, we make ours. They cant set a date (once again, brother is stalling) so we have decided at the last minute to go ahead and have the wedding this year. We have set the date for the Saturday after Thanksgiving (thats right!). All of our fam will already be down for the holidays so we thought that date would be perfect! We have a 3K budget for approx 80 guests. It’s going to be a fall themed wedding. We booked out venue today. The ceremony is going to take place in my parents’ backyard by the lake and the reception will be held at a hotel. Yay for bargainista brides!!!

Post # 14
1106 posts
Bumble bee

Yay cheap brides! I want to have a budget of $1000 (yikes!) but I also have 3 years to plan (with no ring yet) so…. yeah. Welcome and hopefully we can help each other out!

Post # 15
4046 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

welcome!

Post # 16
914 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

We’re doing things cheap too! We’ve been together for 7 years and have 2 kids together. There is no reason for us to have a big wedding. We’re practically married anyways. Our budget is about $4000. I splurged on a photographer – since I’m a photographer I’m a little picky.

The topic ‘Intro Post! Hello! I’m CheapoBride and we’re going to have a $2000 Wedding’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors