(Closed) Intro Post! Hello! I’m CheapoBride and we’re going to have a $2000 Wedding

posted 8 years ago in Money
Post # 32
87 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

My budget is 5K for 75 people and like a PP I’ve spread spending out over the 1.5 years we’ve been engaged. My ring is from a consignment shop. We skipped save the dates and went with zazzle.com for our invites (63$! for 50)…I think choosing to the thrifty route is very commenable in this age when there are so many “rules” about what a wedding needs to be. I wish you luck and hope you’re wedding is everything you’ve hoped for!

Post # 33
13 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: July 2015

@mrs_erickson:  Has anyone used Zazzle for invitations? Just wondering how the quality is? Any recomendations on artists?

Post # 34
100 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

Yay, I’m so happy to hear from other brides with low budget weddings.  Ours is going to be just under 5,000 for a 150-160 persons with full buffet dinner, dj, etc.  It’s been pretty difficult, but I searched everywhere for bargains, esp online, and used tons of coupons for everything.  Biggest saver though, was getting centerpeices/ decorations from thriftstores.  Got all the vases for centerpeices for .50-2.00 for 19 tables and they all look the same, one or two are slightly different but same general shape, that and we’re getting the food from Sam’s Club already made and having my little sisters friends reheat/ serve.  It’s definately possible to have a great budget wedding, I haven’t had mine yet, but I know it will turn out beautifully.  We could have even saved money on it but decided to splurge a little to spruce up the reception room.  Good luck and have tons of fun planning!! 

Post # 35
6254 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: August 2013 - The Liberty House

@bride2be2013:  I got my engagement invites from Zazzle and they were awesome- we loved their designs, they were great quality, they have tons of coupons, and I’ve read from other bees that they have great customer service!

Post # 36
13 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: July 2015

@MeiFrancis:  Thats good to hear. I have been looking around and have seen some really nice invitations. Thank you for the advice. You never know what you will get when you order Online!

The topic ‘Intro Post! Hello! I’m CheapoBride and we’re going to have a $2000 Wedding’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors