(Closed) Introduction: Planning a wedding for early 2012 but not yet engaged :S

posted 7 years ago in Waiting
Post # 3
1303 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

Um……can he propose like tomorrow? May is 6 months away…….

and Hi!! Welcome!!

Post # 4
200 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

I don’t have a ring and he and I are getting married next year also we disscused it and he is totally aware of everything. I wouldn’t do it without him knowing. We have a son and live together so it might be a bit different.

Post # 5
488 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

Maybe you can gently mention to him that there are lots of things that need to get done, and since Maui is a popular place to get married (I am wanted to get married in Hawaii too… and I have been doing some research) you need to get these items booked pretty soon.  I mean, is he aware of what type of wedding you are wanting? Maybe he is thinking its going to be you, him, and the officiant??

Oh and hello! Laughing

Post # 7
73 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

I am hoping for a May 2012 wedding as well and still have no ring.  I’m only going to plan to have it then if he proposed by the end of the year though… if not, I think it would be cutting it too close.  It totally depends on what type of wedding you’re having though.  If it’s going to be small at a place where you know will still be available and you think you’ll be able to pull everything off in time, I say go for it!

Post # 8
4887 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

Wow… I’m getting married in May and have been engaged for 10 months already – and am generally really happy with this long engagement since I’m able to take my time and not stress about the plans.  Kudos to those of you who are prepared to plan a wedding in 6 months or less!!  Good luck 🙂

Post # 9
1455 posts
Bumble bee

I’m in a very similar situation.  We plan on getting married in 2012, but no sign of a proposal yet (although he has the ring).  It’s tough!  Made even worse for me by the fact that January-April are VERY busy months as it is tax season for me.  I just wanted to wish you luck and give you a virtual hug. 

Oh and also tell you my BFF just planned a wedding in 4 months so it is possible!

The topic ‘Introduction: Planning a wedding for early 2012 but not yet engaged :S’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors