posted 7 years ago in October 2012
Post # 5
9483 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2012

Just saw this today!

1. When is your wedding date?

• October 13th, 2012

1. How old are you/FI? (only if you wanna share)

• I am 23 and Fiance will be turning 28 next month.

1. How did you meet?

• We met through a friend’s facebook. πŸ™‚

1. What do you/ Fiance do for a living?

• He was going to school to become a plumber.  Unfortunately, Fiance hasn’t worked in about 8 months.  The economy is hurting a lot of small businesses around here.  A lot of plumbers also want to try and pay you minimum wage for hard, hard work. He’s putting his career on hold at the moment to go back to school to become a CNA.  I am currently a CNA.  We both plan to go back to college to become RNs.

1. What is your theme?

• I have been a HUGE fan of vintage look for my entire life.  They claim me to be an old soul.  I am going to incorporate brooches, hankies, etc in the wedding.  There’s real no particular theme.  I am not going all out to make it look vintagey.

1. What are your colors?

• Gold sepia, blush pink, and peach.

1. How did he propose?

• He asked me if I wanted an early Christmas present (Christmas Eve).  I tried to tell him to wait until tomorrow to open all presents.  He told me this one was important, handed me a box, and made me open it in front of the Christmas tree.  He wanted us to be alone for the proposal.  It was really romantic.  No lights but the Christmas tree was on.

Post # 6
9483 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper

Just noticed all of those ones still came up and everything looks huge.  Grr to formats. Haha.  I don’t feel like editing it though.

Post # 7
182 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

Hi Ladies! I just joined and I am so excited to indulge in all the wedding chat!

When is your wedding date?

October 6, 2012

How old are you/FI?

I am 27 and my fiancé is 28

How did you meet?

We met at college. We lived in the same apartment building and he made his ’move’ about 6 months after he moved in.

What do you/ Fiance do for a living?

I work at a large university and he works for an entertainment company as a director of sales

What is your theme?

No theme per se. We are getting married in a historic mansion so we are trying for a casual elegance to match the surroundings

What are your colors?

Shades of white, soft grays, silver, and natural greens (for the florals)

How did he propose?

He meant to take me to the park near the building we lived in when we met but it was raining the day he picked up the ring (it was supposed to rain most of the week). He couldn’t wait so he proposed, in our kitchen, 5 minutes after he got out of his car from the jewelers. 

Post # 8
1251 posts
Bumble bee

Oh I wanna play!!

10/6/2012

How old are you/FI? (only if you wanna share)

26/27

How did you meet?

In college, the third day of my freshman year. But we didn’t start dating for a whole year after that.

What do you/ Fiance do for a living?

I’m a neuroscientist (5th year graduate student right now), he’s an aerospace engineer.

What is your theme?

Hm….we don’t have one πŸ™‚

What are your colors?

We’re thinking copper, brown, gold and ivory (or dusty rose if I can get Fiance to agree with pink). It changes regularly though.

How did he propose?

Well, as it turns out I kept ruining his proposal plans and he was becoming very impatient. So the day before my birthday last year he bought a pound of my favorite candy (sour belts, they’re very hard to come by up here so i’m always super excited when he gets them for me) and put the bag on my dresser for me to find when I came home. I open the bag, and there’s a ring box on top of my candy. I opened the box, but there was nothing in there (how rude), and when I turned around he was kneeling with the ring asking me to marry him. Nothing too fussy, but cute.

Post # 13
28 posts
Newbee

Is it too early???  I’m so excited!!

Oct. 6 2012

1. How old are you/FI? (only if you wanna share)

I’m 31 He’s 28 Wink

1. How did you meet?

we met on a trip for work in Knoxville TN.

1. What do you/ Fiance do for a living?

I’m a stay at home Mommy and work part time in the Air Force Reserve. 

He’s in the Air Force.

What is your theme?

Vintage Old Hollywood/Vegas

1. What are your colors?

Not sure yet

1. How did he propose?

4th of July Boston Fireworks : ) 

Post # 15
183 posts
Blushing bee

1. When is your wedding date? 10.21.12 (sundays are cheaperrrrr!!!! lol)
  2. How old are you/FI? I am 26 and he turns 28 on 8.28.
  3. How did you meet? Through my best friend. They worked together and lived in the same house, but in different apartments, and they were “movie buddies”. In May of 2008 I moved in with my bff cuz a room opened up in her appartment. So, being a movie fanatic myself I started joining their movie nights and within a couple weeks of me moving in James and I were dating and we’ve been together ever since!! πŸ™‚
  4. What do you/ Fiance do for a living? I am a Human Services Transportation Clerk for a small Transit Authority in Western Massachusetts. He just got a job as a Management Associate with First Transit in Hartford, CT.
  5. What is your theme? Fall. We got engaged in early fall of last year and obvi our wedding is in the fall, and if you’ve ever been in New England/Massachusetts in the fall you know how BEAUTIFUL it is! πŸ™‚
  6. What are your colors? My girls are wearing Alfred Angelo Berry with gold jewelry and shoes. And I’m going to have bright yellow and orange flowers.
  7. How did he propose? It was the day after we’d gone out for a fancy dinner date. He had to work and I was home just hanging out, doing laundry and watching a movie. He came home with roses and changed into a shirt and tie because he “felt like being fancy.” We were on the couch snuggling and talking for a little while and then he told me he loved me and started to say something but then stopped. I called him out on it and he says “I have a question for you, but you have to promise to say ‘yes’.” I gave him a weird look and agreed figuring he wanted a snack or a drink or something like that, and then he kissed me again and said “I love you very much, <insert my full name> will you marry me?” and I immediately burst into tears and said yes about a hundred times! It was so perfect and sweet. Then we called my sister who lives 6 hours away so I could tell her, and then we went to visit my mom and step-dad and his parents to tell them. It was such an amazing afternoon!! πŸ™‚

Sorry my response was so long. I have this obsession with details. haha Anyway…. yay for October 2012!!! πŸ™‚

Post # 16
1271 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: December 2013

great idea!

When is your wedding date? october 27, 2012

How old are you/FI? (only if you wanna share) i’m 28, he just turned 31.  we’ll be 29 and 32 on our wedding day.

How did you meet?  OKC, baby.  πŸ˜€  it was pure chance.  (okcupid.com, not oklahoma city, lol.)

What do you/ Fiance do for a living?  i’m currently unemployed.  πŸ™  i was laid off a long time ago and due to circumstances and the poor job market, i’ve been unable to find work, in spite of some massive education.  i’ll be moving to MN in a week or so, so i’m hoping for better prospects there than i have in this no-man’s land.  Fiance is a web developer by day and a musician for fun.

What is your theme?  um, i don’t think we really have one.  maybe music?  dunno.  just stuff that’s “us”.

What are your colors?  haven’t solidified colors yet, other than the use of blue.  maybe purple too?

How did he propose?  he hasn’t yet, officially.  we’re waiting for the right moment to make it official, which has more than a little to do with minimizing the likelihood of my parents not taking us seriously while also minimizing the wait to exchange engagement rings.

The topic ‘Introduction Thread Oct 2012’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors