(Closed) Introduction Thread Oct 2012

posted 9 years ago in October 2012
Post # 17
87 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

When is your wedding date? October 27, 2012

How old are you/FI? (only if you wanna share) I’m 27 for one more week and he is 27.

How did you meet? on Craigslist haha I answered his personals add which was titled “Leftist, Chain Smoking, Musician”

What do you/ Fiance do for a living? I work for a community mental health agency and he is a cook.

What is your theme? Halloween

What are your colors?Orange & Black

How did he propose?  On Valentine’s Day 2011 2 days before our 2nd anniversary. In my car :). It was an awesome day.

Post # 18
171 posts
Blushing bee

1. When is your wedding date? October 27, 2012
  2. How old are you/FI? (only if you wanna share) We are both 21.
  3. How did you meet? We met in elementary school when we were 6 years old. =) We started dating during our senior year of high school.
  4. What do you/ Fiance do for a living? I am in my last year as a full time college student. I am looking forward to graduating in May and I hope to attend graduate school. Fiance graduated from culinary school last year and is a sous chef.
  5. What is your theme? We don’t have a theme.
  6. What are your colors? The main color is purple, but we will also have touches of red, black, and ivory.
  7. How did he propose? He proposed last August by taking me to a beautiful local park. We knew that we would not be getting married until after I graduate from college, but he just couldn’t wait to propose. =) I have to balance wedding planning with school, so having a long engagement has been nice.

Post # 19
1576 posts
Bumble bee

1. When is your wedding date? October 6, 2012
  2. How old are you/FI? (only if you wanna share) I am 28 & he’s 25.
  3. How did you meet? We met through mutual friends. I moved to Atlanta about four years ago.. and I met my really good friend Marquita after living here for about a year.  We met when Marquita’s then-bf, Jamarr, proposed in 2009 and they started planning the wedding.  My fiance was the best man and I was the maid of honor.  We met the summer of ’09 and started dating on the very last day of the year.. LoL.  My first New Year’s Eve date ever.  We’ve been together ever since.
  4. What do you/ Fiance do for a living? I start a new job as a claims representative in a couple of weeks.  He works as an IT professional at a universary.
  5. What is your theme? We don’t really have a theme.
  6. What are your colors? Purple & turquoise (or teal.. not sure yet)
  7. How did he propose? He proposed on Valentine’s day while we were on our first cruise together.  He proposed in St. Thomas at the exact gazebo where we plan to get married next year!  :o)

Post # 20
2362 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: December 2017

1. When is your wedding date? 10/6/12
  2. How old are you/FI? (only if you wanna share) Me: 20 Him: 27 *gasp*
  3. How did you meet? Mutual friends. We actually met several years before. We both have photos of each other from a party 2 years prior to dating but we didn’t know each other. Kind of creepy. I sent him an email saying “Hey I am so and so’s friend. Was this photo of a guy dancing all goofy taken at your house?”He said yes and that it was him and then he said hey I think I have a picture of you from that night too. And our conversation continued about the Red Sox.
  4. What do you/ Fiance do for a living? Me: RN looking for a job Him: Works for the YMCA/Realtor
  5. What is your theme? Formal Alice in Wonderland (not the shabby chic blogger site kind you constantly see.)
  6. What are your colors? Plum, navy, accent gold; or plum and burgundy (waiting to see linen options this Friday.)
  7. How did he propose? On New Years Eve surrounded by our friends

Post # 21
24 posts
Newbee

This is pretty cool πŸ™‚

WHEN IS YOUR WEDDING DATE: 27th October 2012 (yay i noiced a few of us have the same date πŸ™‚

HOW OLD ARE YOU / F.I : We are both 27

HOW DID YOU MEET : We actually met when we were 18 through mutual friends… i wasnt that keen on him though (hee hee) & i guess you would say that fate brought us together again πŸ™‚

WHAT DO YOU DO FOR A LIVING : I am actually a cook for family business & a fulltime mother to a 5year old little girl, Fiance is a panel beater…. but we are actually moving to auzzie where he will be joing the mining boom

WHATS YOUR THEME : Well i wouldn’t say we have a theme… just laid back

WHAT ARE YOUR COLOURS : I “THINK” we are doing black white purple gray & silver

HOW DID HE PURPOSE : Well our annv was on the 7th which is also my favourite number…. and he did it when i was sleeping ha ha i woke up in the morning thinking what the………. is that on my finger had prob like 3 looks and realised what it was Fiance was still asleep. I think it was so well done as any little thing he would have done i would have guessed what he was up to so i was surprised and shocked that he got one on me ha ha…. ( it took him 2 hours to slip the ring on my finger ha ha every time he touched me id wake up or grab my hand & hold it so he couldnt get it ha ha

Post # 23
75 posts
Worker bee

When is your wedding date?

10/20/2012

How old are you/FI? (only if you wanna share)

We are both 23.

How did you meet?

In middle school science class. He has loved me since we were about thirteen. Several times thoughtout high school we kissed but I would then run scared. We had a falling out our freshman year of college and did not speak until we ran into each other at a bar during Christmas vacation senior year of college.

What do you/ Fiance do for a living?

I am working as a softwear engineer and he is an aerospace engineer.

What is your theme?

Mostly just a fall theme with pumpkins and fall leaves ( I hope the leaves cooperate with me! )

Maybe polka dots since I love them, but I’m still working on that πŸ™‚

What are your colors?

Plum purple and fall colors.

How did he propose?

The pre-proposal was very cute so I will start there. We were in the mall one day eating on a bench looking at a store with signs for engagement rings on sale. He just looked at me and said, “We should start looking at those, huh? ” It took me by surprise. A few weeks later we looked at rings together so he knew what I liked.

The actual proposal was after we had a home-cooked dinner of steak and crab legs. He said he was going to the mall and left. Then he came back in, not even two minutes later, and got down on one knee in my living room and asked me to be his wife. It was perfect for us. πŸ™‚

Post # 24
1271 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: December 2013

View original reply
@mrs_erickson:  “I answered his personals add which was titled ‘Leftist, Chain Smoking, Musician’

NICE!!  made me lol.  sounds a lot like Fiance, minus the chain-smoking part.

Post # 25
1488 posts
Bumble bee

1. When is your wedding date? October 27, 2012
  2. How old are you/FI? (only if you wanna share) I am 32 and my Fiance is 26…Yea I am a cougar….LOL
  3. How did you meet? We met because we use to work for the same internet media company here in Los Angeles.. He does not remember seeing me when he came in to interview but I remember him being cute and thinking, I cant date him if he gets the job..LOL. He does remember me during his orientation though and asking HR (who is a really good friend of mines) after I left the room…So whats her story? Is she single? Perfect questions to ask HR on your first day of work.
  4. What do you/ Fiance do for a living? I am a Office Manager for a Restaurant Supplies Company and he is a Systems Admin for a Health Care Company (We both left the Internet Company)
  5. What is your theme? Sweetness!
  6. What are your colors? Chocolate, Vanilla and Red Velvet (See the Sweetness..)
  7. How did he propose? Our family Christmas tradition is to open gifts at our house then head over to my Grandparents for more gifts and presents. This Christmas was not like any other because to my shock and surprise, I got engaged. I was with my family opening gifts when my FI and his Mom come over so we can all go to breakfast together….except he has on a suit. I ask him why he is so dressed up and he said I wanted to look nice for Christmas. Meanwhile I am in a scarf and pajamas and all im thinking is dam, im gonna have to get dressd because my Grandparents are gonna wonder why I am so casual and he is in a suit. I was going to head upstairs to change when he said, lets open gifts first….Ok fine, no problem. Our anniversary was December 5th and he ordered me a gift but it was not ready in time so he wanted to give me that first, Which was a locket from Things Remembered. (Love it). He then says, I have another gift but I dont have a box for it… All im thinking is you cant get a box now everything is closed but I keep waiting to see what he does and he says the gift is him. He pulls out the ring box and kneels and ask me to be his wife…..Tears flow and after a long pause that must have been forever for him, I finally shake my head yes.

Post # 26
17 posts
Newbee

1. When is your wedding date? October 13, 2012.
  2. How old are you/FI? (only if you wanna share) I am 24 and he is 31.
  3. How did you meet? Online.
  4. What do you/ Fiance do for a living? I recently graduated from law school and am still on the hunt for employment. He does something I don’t understand having to do with a fuel pipeline that runs from Texas to Maryland.
  5. What is your theme? Well, we are getting married in north GA on the same weekend as the annual local apple festival. So we’ve decided to use that as our theme and to focus on having a locally inspired event.
  6. What are your colors? Lots of earth tones and red with some pops of yellow.
  7. How did he propose? Well I knew he was going to propose to me on April Fools Day. Leading up to it he told me a million different crazy things about crazy ways he was going to propose….but when the time came he had a beautiful dinner for two set up for us down by the lake in our neighborhood. He had arranged for some live music (string duet) which at first I thought was kinda cheesey, but then I realized that they were playing a lot of our favorite music (namely bluegrass)- so it was super awesome! He popped the question down by the water and then we enjoyed some dinner and a few bottles of champagne. After that we headed to a friends house to share the good news- when we got there he had a small party of our friends waiting! Best April Fools Day ever!

Post # 28
74 posts
Worker bee

1. When is your wedding date? October 6, 2012
  2. How old are you/FI? (only if you wanna share) I’m about to turn 25. Fiance is 29.
  3. How did you meet? Online dating! OKCupid to be exact.
  4. What do you/ Fiance do for a living? I’m a Web Content Manager – aka I manage a website, its content and social media presence, among other duties for a program at a large science nonprofit. Fiance is a herpetologist – aka biologist specializing in reptiles and amphibians. He works at a nearby aquarium.
  5. What is your theme? No real theme. I’m incorporating some science aspects since both of us are involved in that, plus some things from my background in art/writing. I guess our theme is “modern with a vintage twist.”
  6. What are your colors? Plum, charcoal & kelly green
  7. How did he propose? He took me out to our spot on Theodore Roosevelt Island & asked me there. I totally didn’t want to go for hike but I knew he was going to propose.

Post # 29
9 posts
Newbee

1. When is your wedding date?

October 13th 2012

1. How old are you/FI? (only if you wanna share)

I am 22. He is 25

1. How did you meet?

We met in college. A proff. I had during my freshman year introduced us.

1. What do you/ Fiance do for a living?

I am a forester, basically I manage forest for private land owners. My Fiance is an iron worker.

1. What is your theme?

I don’t have a theme, although I guess it could be fall since we are getting married in Vermont.

1. What are your colors?

Forest green and eggplant purple.

1. How did he propose?

He proposed the night before valentines day. I had a job interview close to his parents house a few days later and we were leaving on valentines day to go stay with them. He didn’t want to propose on valentines or near it, but his step mom knew he had the ring and he was affriad she would let it slip if he didnt propose. He proposed at home after cooking me a nice dinner. Nothing real fancy but deffinitly fit us. I was completly suprised but extremly happy.

Post # 30
1089 posts
Bumble bee

When is your wedding date? October 5, 2012

How old are you/FI? (only if you wanna share) I’m 25 and Fiance is 26 but turns 27 in Nov.

How did you meet? We used to work together at a hotel about 6 years ago!!

What do you/ Fiance do for a living? I work at two companies, doing purchasing, logistical work, accounting and sales. Fiance is a Exc. Chef.

What is your theme? Since we both love the fall, that’s why we are having a fall themed wedding.

What are your colors? Wine/Burnt Orange

How did he propose? It was december of last year, we went to see christmas lights at one of the parks in our city, went on a carriage ride. Then he went for a walk and over one of the bridges, he stopped and said…hug me to keep me warm!! So I did and he said, I love you so much…got down on one knee…said you are my very best friend,I love you more than anything, will you marry me? I was crying so hard I was so happy!!! It was the perfect night! 

Post # 31
347 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

When is your wedding date? October 20, 2012

How old are you/FI? (only if you wanna share) I’m 25 and Fiance is 27  

How did you meet? Through friends at my college  

What do you/ Fiance do for a living? I work for a bank and Fiance is a network analyst (computers) 

What is your theme? No real theme but I guess Fall

What are your colors? still trying to figure this out. I think red, gold, and burnt orange. Fall colors lol.  

How did he propose?

Fiance and I had been coming up on our Five year dating anniversary and my birthday, so we decided we could combine the two and celebrate by going away for the weekend. We had been talking for a while about getting married and knew that we would eventually.

I just didn’t know when the proposal would be. We went to a jeweler and designed a ring together, however I had no idea when the ring would be done or any of the time line details. He knows how much I love surprises so he wanted to keep our anniversary weekend a surprise so I did not know where we were going.

We ended up going to the mountains in PA and staying at a bed and breakfast that over looked the entire valley. After we got settled at the B & B I wanted to go back outside to the veranda and take pictures of the beautiful view. He agreed and brought along my birthday gift— which I just assumed was a cookbook from the looks of it. Up until this point I still did not think he would be proposing this weekend. I had thought he might initially, but my mother (who was in on it as he asked her permission) was very persuasive at making me believe otherwise.

Anyways, we went out on to the veranda to take pictures of the sun setting and open my birthday present. It was a scrapbook of our relationship. He had saved our first date movie ticket stub, and had pages of us from college, graduations, concerts, up until present day. The last page said “The next chapter”… and when I looked up he was on his knee with the ring.

I don’t remember much of what he said and we laugh about it now because he said I looked like I was going to pass out! Later that night we had dinner reservations at a great restaurant that specialized in crab cakes (my favorite). It was all in all a fantastic weekend!

The topic ‘Introduction Thread Oct 2012’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors