43 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: October 2012

When is your wedding date?

October 6, 2012

How old are you/FI? 

I’m 25, he is 24

How did you meet?

We met during undergrad. We’ve been together for over 5 years now and both of us have (almost) made it through grad school!

What do you/ Fiance do for a living?

I’m a marine biologist by training but I’m currently working in a cancer research lab. He is an anthropology graduate student and works in student housing.

What is your theme?

Vintage elegance. That has been the phrase going through my mind during this entire planning process.

What are your colors?

Eggplant and persimmon (purple and orange) with jewel undertones. 

How did he propose?

On one knee at sunset while walking along the St. Johns River. Even though I knew what he was up to that night I still cried like a baby!!!

Post # 108
24 posts
Newbee

October 6th

How old are you/FI? (only if you wanna share)

Im almost 29 and Fiance is 32

How did you meet?

We met online 3 years ago

Fiance works in a wood shop and installs kitchens/bathrooms and stairs on the side. I work in social research but only rarely now as Im home with my four kids.

What is your theme?

We’re doing a joint theme in that our main look will focus on fall colours and feel but we’re also incorporating superhero elements. Fiance has bought tshirts in different superhero logos for the groomsmen to wear under their suits, the late night snack will have superhero elements and the signature drinks will actually be a collection of drinks named after the superheros.  It’ll be interesting anyway.

What are your colors?

Navy, burnt orange and olive

How did he propose?

On the phone at first (really) while I was at work, but then he did a re-do on Christmas morning with the ring.

Post # 109
516 posts
Busy bee

October 6th

How old are you/FI? (only if you wanna share)

I am 23, Fiance is 29

How did you meet?

We started talking online years and years (AND YEARS) ago when I was in highschool and going to be moving to a new city. I looked up some people who lived nearby where I was going to be moving to, just to get some info on the area and maybe get to know some people and wound up talking to him. We talked for a year or so, and after a couple more years passed and a few horrible failed relationships, we randomly started talking again. After months of late night conversations that caused both of us to go to work the next day on 0 hours of sleep on several occasions, we decided to meet..and the rest is history! Fiance says he knew I would be his wife someday from the moment we met. And I maybe did too πŸ˜‰ After asking me out officially several times and me turning him down several times on the premise that I did not want to be in another relationship, I finally realized that I could no longer avoid the inevitable and asked him out! Our official dating anniversary is May 10, 2008 and we were engaged in November of 2010! Cannot wait to marry my best friend πŸ™‚

I am a student and nanny; going to school for Elementary Education. And he is a powertrain design engineer.

What is your theme?

Our theme is rustic/fall/ecclectic/country-chic…and whatever else I find that I like. LOL

What are your colors?

Well, since you asked..this is what I refer to as our color palette. Gray, plum, dark red, black, burlap, and wood. Didn’t you know burlap and wood are colors? πŸ˜‰

How did he propose?

In Florida, right on the beach, right after the sunrise. We were walking in our bare feet looking for the best shells. I had about 10 in my hands when I heard “How about this one?” from behind me. I turned around, and there he was, down on one knee in the sand, holding open a box with the most beautiful ring I had ever seen. He said “I love you. Will you marry me?” And at that moment I was speechless for I think the first and last time ever in my life (I like to talk…a lot..) After some time went by and I was still staring at him speechless, with my hand over my mouth, he said “Is that a yes or no?” I said “OH! SORRY! YES!” and went down on my knees with him to hug him for about a half hour lol.

The funny part is, when he bent down, he really did pick up a little shell. It was a little green shell that was probably the ugliest shell on the entire beach. But, I still have it today and I think it will always be my favorite πŸ™‚ Before we left, we found a little bottle and put some of the sand from “the spot” inside. (We’re such saps!)

The not so funny part (for him) was when our plane landed in Florida and I was making jokes about how I could see my luggage but didn’t see his, and how maybe it was lost. Unbeknownst to me, my pretty little ring was in that possibly lost luggage! Poor Fiance.

Post # 110
43 posts
Newbee

View original reply
@xlittlemissbridex:  That is the sweetest proposal story!!! So romantic. We first said “I love you” to each other on the beach while watching the stars one night and we went back on our first anniversary and collected sand from “our spot” as well πŸ™‚

Post # 111
516 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
@spm:  Awww!! That is so, so sweet! I love it! It’s nice to have something you can keep forever that holds such an amazing memory for the two of you πŸ™‚ And I just noticed you are from Florida; lucky girl! Lol

Post # 112
3 posts
Wannabee

Excited to be here!

1. When is your wedding date? October 13, 2012  

1. How old are you/FI? Both 30 now (I’ll be 31 at the time)

1. How did you meet? September 2000, first year university. We were next door neighbours at our dorm.

1. What do you/ Fiance do for a living? I work for a non-profit and Fiance does subtitles for movies and TV.

1. What is your theme? Autumn… our favourite month!  Lots of rustic details… pinecones, acorns and pumpkins!

1. What are your colors? Teal and orange

1. How did he propose? It was more of a natural conversation. We’ve been together for 10 years!  We decided together that the time was finally right, and from there, I gave my ongoing input into the design of my ring. When it was finally ready (hand delivered by the jeweller himself!) I received my “official” proposal. The ring was waiting in my Christmas stocking

Post # 113
                93 posts
                Worker bee

Hi Bees,

• When is your wedding date?

October 20, 2012

• How old are you/FI? (only if you wanna share)

I am 31 and he is 28.

• How did you meet?

Our best friends started dating and we met through them.

• What do you/ Fiance do for a living?

I am an architectural technician and he is a software developer.

• What is your theme?

No theme really  πŸ™

• What are your colors?

The BMs are wearing green, and flowers and things will be fall colours (red, orange)

• How did he propose?

We were out house hunting and got really excited when we found the one we wanted.  When we got home that’s all we could talk/think about and then he just blurted it out.  I thought it was spontaneous but he had it on his mind for a long time and had it planned.  (Small detail we don’t tell people:  we were in the shower!  shhhh!) 

Post # 114
                93 posts
                Worker bee

@rosyQ87

I am!  The music is one of my favorite parts of the whole SW theme, to be honest.  Looks like we’re going to have the same processional!  And are you using the Throne Room/Finale from New Hope for your recessional?

Post # 115
                58 posts
                Worker bee

1. When is your wedding date? 10/13/12
                2. How old are you/FI? (only if you wanna share) Me: 23 Him: 30
                3. How did you meet? We were both counselors at a music camp
                4. What do you/ Fiance do for a living? Both music teachers, and musicians
                5. What is your theme? Autumn πŸ™‚
                6. What are your colors? Gold, copper, browns, dark reds, cream
                7. How did he propose? In a park by ourselves, sun was setting

Post # 116
                2239 posts
                Buzzing bee

When is your wedding date? October 7, 2012

How old are you/FI?  I am 23 but will be 24 when we get married.  He is 23 now and will still be 23 when we get married haha.  

How did you meet? He found me on myspace — we went to the same community college.  Eventually met up in person after talking online for awhile and the rest is history.

What do you/ Fiance do for a living? He is in school and works in IT.  I just finished school and am currently unemployed.

What is your theme?  Country/Vintage [burlap/lace/mason jars]

What are your colors? charcoal gray, ivory, peach, and pink

How did he propose?  http://britlovesthis.tumblr.com/post/14896798485/the-proposal

Post # 117
                331 posts
                Helper bee
                • Wedding: December 2017

1. When is your wedding date? Sunday 28th October 2012
                2. How old are you/FI? (only if you wanna share) 24 and 26
                3. How did you meet? At uni
                4. What do you/ Fiance do for a living? economist and accountant
                5. What is your theme? no theme – bit boring really!
                6. What are your colors? ivory, silver, purple/mauve
                7. How did he propose? he took me to the spot of our first date and hid the ring inside another present so i wouldn’t expect it πŸ™‚

Post # 118
                1038 posts
                Bumble bee

When is your wedding date?  October 13, 2012.

How old are you/FI? (only if you wanna share) I am 34, he is 31

How did you meet?  Online (match.com)

What do you/ Fiance do for a living?   I’m a pediatric nurse and he works for a real estate website

What is your theme? We are getting married on the beach with reception to follow under a pavillion on the beach so I’m keeping with the beach theme.  White beach chairs seems to be a prevalent theme(cake topper, invitation, wedding favor).  Trying to keep things laid back and romantic.

What are your colors? Turquoise and purple

How did he propose?  While we were hiking in front of this huge beautiful waterfall in northern AZ.  We had picked the ring out together so I knew it was coming just didn’t know when(he didn’t either….day he proposed he had brought the ring along just in case the perfect moment was there).  I had suspected he was gonna propose that day, but kept trying not to get my hopes up.  Right after he asked I actually started laughing before saying yes because of all the stressing I had done that day and because I couldn’t believe it was finally happening.

Post # 119
                1 posts
                Wannabee

Hi, I’ve just joined so I’m not sure what I’m doing quite yet!

1. When is your wedding date? October 5, 2012
                2. How old are you/FI? (only if you wanna share) I’m 28 in June and my Fiance is 46
                3. How did you meet? We work together and hooked up at a work party 8yrs ago
                4. What do you/ Fiance do for a living? We both work in Print making social stationery like greetings cards, he works in proudction and I’m in IT.
                5. What is your theme? We are going for a 1920/30’s art deco theme
                6. What are your colors? Dark blue, Mink and Ivory
                7. How did he propose? On a beach πŸ™‚ sorry the picture is so large!

Post # 120
                124 posts
                Blushing bee

1. When is your wedding date?
                2. 10/20/2012

3. How old are you/FI? (only if you wanna share)
                4. 30s

5. How did you meet?
                6. eHarmony

7. What do you/ Fiance do for a living?
                8. He’s in the Navy, I’m in Cyber Security

9. What is your theme?
                10. No theme, just having a good time!

11. What are your colors?
                12. Navy and pink (basically for us :))

13. How did he propose?
                14. With a Legos, REALLY early in the morning on new years eve 2011

Post # 121
                33 posts
                Newbee
                • Wedding: June 2013

• When is your wedding date? October 20, 2012

• How old are you/FI? (only if you wanna share) 33 (yesterday)/he will be 30 on 12/12/12

• How did you meet?

He made a delivery to my job on Valentine’s Day 2009 and asked for my #

• What do you/ Fiance do for a living? I am property manager for apts and he is a truck driver
                • What is your theme?

Having a destination wedding in Dominican Republic so keeping it ‘beachy’

• What are your colors?

Coral, Teal and Sand

• How did he propose?

On 9/11/11 (seriously – he has no concept of these things smh)… I had just moved out of state for a new job and he came for his 1st visit since the move (about 4 weeks). I COMPLETELY oblivious as to what was going to happen that weekend. We are usually very ‘go w the flow, do whatever’ kind of ppl. So it was quite a shock when we got into an arguement over what we were going to do that Saturday. It was so bad that I was just like we won’t do anything then, just stay in the house… He insisted we had to do SOMETHING since it was his 1st real visit. We decided to go the aquarium (I LOVE zoos and aquariums) and outside of the shark tank as I’m oohing and aaahhhing he says ‘You really love aquariums, huh? You must have some really good memories of them.’ I say yeah I guess, not even looking at him but at the cool fish LOL. He puts his arm around me and says ‘we should make a new memory here together then.’ And there’s this glare out of the corner of my eye so I look and he’s holding a ring (did not get on one knee – its not our style). I just kind of stood there staring at him and the ring for a minute until he grabbed my hand and put the ring on. At this point I had to sit down… And I STILL had not said ‘yes’. He claims he asked 3 times, but I recall none of that! Anyway I numbly nod my head and whisper ‘I do’ (what a lame lol) But he loved me enough to let that go and we had a big smooch in a dark corner!!!

The topic ‘Introduction Thread Oct 2012’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors