Post # 1
Hello bees, my fiancé and I just booked our Oct 18, 2013 wedding today! Since we will all be chatting on this boars with each other for the next year, I thought it would be nice to do and introduction post for us all!
we are having an outdoor ceremony and rustic barn reception… The rest is still undecided!
Post # 3
- Wedding: October 2013 - The Down Town Club, Philadelphia
Ok, I’ll play!
We live in Los Angeles, but will be getting married in Philadelphia, where Fiance is from. My family is all over NYC, CT and NJ. So, it’s kind of a destination wedding for (almost) everyone!
We are going for a glamorous/classic vibe – tuxes, ballgown, etc…
Looking forward to hearing about everyone’s plans over the next year!!
Post # 4
Hi I am getting married on 10/5/13 at a gilded mansion in the berkshires. Our families are from CT and MA and we in the NYC area so its just about the middle. I have always wanted to do a whole weekend wedding and we are so excited bc we are able to do just that at this place. most of our friend and fam will be staying onsite for the weekend and we have the run of the place!
our “theme” is old hollywood regency style and since our venue was remodeled in the late 1920s its a perfect match!
Post # 5
Hello! I am getting married on 10/5/13 in a rustic barn loft in Wisconsin. Our families are from all over the US, so there will be lots of traveling.
Our theme is romantic rustic. I have alot of my deposits down (with the exception of a few) and I have started on a few other things.
The year before the wedding is going to go so fast! Buckle your seatbelt girls, here we go!
Post # 6
How funny, we live in and are getting married in NJ, i work in NYC and my fiancé works in Philly… So same general area as lots of us Oct 2013 brides!
we have a ceremony and reception venue booked and deposits in, same for the Caterer. What else have you all started?
Post # 7
Hi! We will be getting married on 10/25/13 in So. California! The theme we’re going for is soft and romantic.. with neutral color.. is that even a theme?!
Post # 8
Our wedding will be in downtown Chicago where we met (not far from the exact location) and currently live.
We’re going for a glamorous/elegant/warm vibe (think lots of candles, chandeliers, amber uplighting, tuxes and metallics). I’ve attached one of my inspiration boards…
- When is your wedding date? 10/5/2013
- How old are you/FI? (only if you wanna share) 29/30
- How did you meet? At a bar/club very early in the morning (2-3am-ish)
- What do you/ Fiance do for a living? I’m a dietitian he finding finance
- What is your theme? See above
- What are your colors? Metallics, gold, neutrals, dark purple, espresso and a green
- How did he propose? In charleston with my family present
ETA: I stole the above questions from another board
Post # 9
I also took this from the previous poster 🙂
We’re getting married October 2013 at the Stonegate in the Chicago suburbs. Our ceremony will be outdoors and we’ll be incorporating a lot of the fall colors/themes in our decor. It’ll just be a laid-back, fun time with friends and family. We can’t wait!
- What is your wedding date?: 10/13/2013
- How old are you/FI?: 26/25
- How did you meet?: We went to middle school together 🙂
- What do you/FI do for a living?: Editor/Gymnastics coach
- What is your theme?: Don’t really have one/fall?
- What are your colors?: Purple (DB’s “sangria”)
- How did he propose?: While putting up our Christmas tree, he gave me an ornament that was engraved with “Will you marry me?”
Post # 10
- When is your wedding date? 10/18/13
- How old are you/FI? (only if you wanna share) 27/34
- How did you meet? At a previous job that neither of us are at anymore
- What do you/ Fiance do for a lfinance and compliance / police
- What is your theme? rustic barn, haven’t decided details yet
- What are your colors? have yet to decide
- How did he proppos? On a hoaudit balloon ride on a surprise destination vacation he planned for me!
Does anyone have color ideas? We want to do some fall, but I also like rustic blues…
Post # 11
Can I play even tho we haven’t picked what date in October 2013 yet?!? lol
- What is your wedding date?: 10/?/2013
- How old are you/FI?: 25/26
- How did you meet?: Friends
- What do you/FI do for a living?: Teaching assistant/ contractor
- What is your theme?: Don’t really have one. It’s going to be fall/country lol
- What are your colors?: Fall colors
- How did he propose?: When we went camping with both of our families in front of a water fall = )
Post # 13
What is your wedding date?: 10/19/2013
How old are you/FI?: 36/39
How did you meet?: eHarmony
What do you/FI do for a living?: Both teachers
What is your theme?: New Orleans
What are your colors?: Dark Purple, Dark Green, Grey, Cream
How did he propose?: At Antoine’s in New Orleans while we were there for vacation
Post # 15
What is your wedding date?: 10/12/2013
How old are you/FI?: 28/26
How did you meet?: OkCupid
What do you/FI do for a living?: I’m a teacher, he’s a software engineer
What is your theme?: We’re going for a classy yet simple vibe
What are your colors?: Ocean Blue, White, Black, Silver
How did he propose?: We went out for dinner at a fancy Italian restaurant, and after dinner we went for a walk in the park across from the restaurant. While in the park, he said some amazingly lovely things, and asked me to be his wife. This happened after being together for 1000 days. 🙂
Post # 16
Our wedding is going to be in AZ because that is where my Fiance and I met and currently live, but all of my family live on the east coast (mostly NY) and his family lives all around (mostly Cali) so we will be having alot of out of towners 🙂
- When is your wedding date? 10/25/2013
- How old are you/FI? 22/23
- How did you meet? online, myyearbook
- What do you/ Fiance do for a living? I am a repite/habilitation provider for children with disabilities and he is a Manger at burger king
- What is your theme: Disney fairytale/ happily ever after
- What are your colors? Colbolt Blue & Silver
- How did he propose? at our friends annual christmas party, in front of my parents and siblings and a bunch of our friends