(Closed) Invitation & RSVP Timing

posted 7 years ago in March 2011
Post # 3
8353 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: March 2011

We will be sending ours out the first working day of January and we are requesting our RSVPs back no later than February 14th.

Post # 4
73 posts
Worker bee

We’re sending ours out the first week of January.  We have an RSVP date of February 26 (a month before our wedding).  Our venue wants a firm number 7-10 days before.

Post # 5
459 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

I would definitely try to make the rsvp date like a solid 2 weeks prior to when your venue/caterer needs the final numbers.  We had people (who refused to return calls/txts) the week of the wedding (even the morning of the wedding) tell us they were coming/not coming.

Post # 6
105 posts
Blushing bee

we are hoping ot send out ours by the middle of Dec.  Mostly because we want to save the cost of mailing by handing them out at Christmas 🙂  Also the Fiance has overseas guests so we’ll need to hear from them.  Otherwise I’d think the beginning of January makes sense to me.

Post # 7
42 posts
Newbee

We’re getting married Mar 5th as well, and we are mailing the invites the first working day in January, and are asking for RSVPs back by Feb 5th. We have a B-list so we want time to send out a second round if we get back a lot of early negative responses.

Post # 8
1940 posts
Buzzing bee

We are getting married March 27th and mailing our the week after Christmas.  Our RSVP date is Feb 7th. 

Post # 9
166 posts
Blushing bee

We are sending ours out the week between Christmas and New Years.  Our venue needs a minimum count 30 days before, so we asking for RSVP by January 21st. That gives us a couple of weeks of cushion to get to people who don’t respond and to get a pretty firm count before our March 5th wedding.

Post # 10
75 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: April 2018

I would recommend giving yourself about a week or two padding between your RSVP date and guarantee date due to your venue so you can follow up with guests who haven’t responded.

Post # 11
67 posts
Worker bee

Our wedding is March 5th too and we are doing the same timeline as annapeeps.  Thanks!

The topic ‘Invitation & RSVP Timing’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors