(Closed) Invitation Confusion?

posted 10 years ago in Paper
Post # 3
4581 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

An invitation suite is the invitation itself, RSVP card and any inserts (Reception card, directions, accommodations info.) But you don’t really need any of the extra stuff. I’m just doing a single-page invitation and RSVP postcard. All the additional info is on our website.

Post # 4
135 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

The suite is just a fancy way of saying your invitations! All you really need is the invitation, RSVP card, and return addressed/stamped envelope! If you are having your ceremony and reception in two different locations you need to indicate somewhere the change in venue! You can do that at the bottom of the invitation like this:

Reception to follow at Forever Hall 123 Main St…. You get the idea

or you could include a separate reception card in your suite that explains dinner and dancing will follow at a different location. 

Other inserts include directions, very helpful for those who don’t go to your website like older family members, etc. It also give you a place to put ‘for more information please visit wedding website address here’

Good luck!

Post # 6
135 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

View original reply
@Summy00: No worries! Invitation wording is tricky! Reception to immediately follow at the bottom of the invitation is great! We did ‘Celebration to follow’ because we’re casual like that! 

If you do a post card RSVP then it just needs to be stamped with correct postage, usually standard $.44 cent USPS unless it’s international. Even if you have an RSVP option online you should give your guests a physical mail in option too! If you don’t go the post card route, you will need to include an envelope with your return address on front, no need to customize them to each guest with their return address, and postage! 

Inner envelopes are becoming less needed now. It’s perfectly expectable to address the outer envelope to all those invited. That could mean “Mr & Mrs. Joy Love” Or “Mr. Joy Love and Guest” Or “The Love Family” (if you’re including children). If by chance you want to do the traditional inner and outer envelope (I did both for my invites) you would address the outer (typically an A7) to the formal naming “Mr. and Mrs. Joy Love”(married) Or “Mr. Joy Love”(single).  Then the inner envelope (typically an A7.5) would be addressed to all full names of those invited: “Mr. Joy Love and Mrs. Happy Love” (Married) Or “Mr. Joy Love and Guest” (Single w/guest) Or “Mr. Joy Love and Mrs. Happy Love next line Joy Love Jr.” (Married w/children).

Everything is enclosed in the inner envelope!! The only thing in the outer is the inner! 

The topic ‘Invitation Confusion?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors