(Closed) Invitation disaster – USPS lost 59/60 invites!

posted 10 years ago in Paper
Post # 7
1144 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: December 2011

@cdub77: How would you know if people got their invites if its only been 6 days since you mailed them. Isn’t there an RSVP waiting period? Am I missing something?

Post # 8
624 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

I would not panic at this point… It’s only been a few days. Sometimes the mail takes 1 day, sometimes it takes 10. Just wait and I wouldn’t worry. I would only start to worry if in like 3 weeks you still haven’t heard anything.

Post # 9
197 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

My invitations went out 2 weeks ago and my MOTHER hasn’t gotten hers yet Cry  We sent 3 invitations to her house (hers, my sisters & some friends who have recently moved) and USPS has delivered 1 of the 3.

Post # 10
1326 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2011 - Tre Bella, Mesa, AZ

If the post office has to hand sort them, it will take longer (and since you hand-canceled them, I assume the machine won’t sort them). I also wouldn’t panic yet. If they haven’t arrived in another week, then you can start calling everyone. 🙂 Have you asked your close friends and family if they’ve received anything?

Post # 11
9024 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

How do you know they are all lost? Some may be delayed and  Some people take a while to even open their mail. One of my friends said my invite sat on her desk for a week before she remembered to open it. Also some people may receive it but wont call right away to let you know.  Its not possible for ALL 59 invites to be lost.  When I mailed mine some people didnt get their until about a week and a half later

Post # 13
5109 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: November 2011

Yay Im happy they are starting to reach their destinations. 

Post # 13
1 posts
Wannabee

This is happening to me too! I mailed my invited last Friday, and today (Friday) not a single one has arrived. ZERO. I’m not sure if I should keep waiting or try again. It’s been over a week now, and I’m getting pretty nervous. If I had know that hand canceling would add an additional week to the delivery time, I wouldn’t have done it. Usually mail arrived within a day of being sent. I had NO IDEA hand cacelling would add so much time. 🙁

The topic ‘Invitation disaster – USPS lost 59/60 invites!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors