- 8 years ago
- Wedding: July 2013
So I have found the perfect invites, save the dates, wedding programs, rsvps and menu cards ever, yay! Now that is out of the way my new questions is this:
- When should I send my save the dates out?
- When should I send my invitations to guests?
- Do I send my RSVPs with the save the dates or my invitations?
- When should I ask people to RSVP by?
- How do I make sure no one adds a +1 to their invites? What if they end up bringing someone with them anyway? How do I accomodate for random people showing up that were not invited?
- I have created a wedding website and it says on there not to invite guests that the name(s) on the invite or the people invited.
- Also, I have a link on the save the dates and invites to visit the website so everyone should go out and read it.
- What do I do about people who say they will show up for the wedding and then don’t show the day of?
- What do I do if about people who say they will not show up for my wedding but end up showing anyways?
- I plan on sending out extra invites if/when people start to decline to come to the wedding so I am worried that if I do that the people who originally said they aren’t coming and end up coming anyways I am afraid I will have to turn them away….Is that the case?
- How do I get people to respond to my RSVPs if they are past the deadline to rsvp? Should I forget them? Or call them up and give them a kind reminder?
- People can RSVP two ways: with the RSVP card I sent them or through our wedding website.
I am asking these questions because I want to make sure I follow some kind of etiquette and don’t end up looking like some bridezilla, you know? I don’t want to step on any toes with my in-laws!
Here are some specs on my wedding:
- My wedding is Monday, July 15, 2013.
- It is an intimate wedding of 36 guests. (I hope 36 people will attend!)
- We are on a very tight budget, a laughable budget really. We’re a month-by-month couple.
- The venue also does the catering too which is nice.
- It is an outdoor wedding.
What scares me the most is my M.O.H says that people just don’t want to coorperate and they will not RSVP when they are supposed to, don’t come when they say they will, or come when they say they won’t and that I should expect this kind of a headache! My response to that is OH HELL NO! How do I limit these stresses before they happen? What can I do to guide (more like force) people to do what I need them to do? how much of it my fault as a bride?